PDA

View Full Version : V70 r awd

NECC
Sunday 8th April 2018, 20:19
What is the correct rear calipers for a 1999 V70 R AWD please ???, and if i`m going to need to replace them is there any bolt on upgrades i could use please

MoleT-5R
Monday 9th April 2018, 18:13
This would depend on whether it is phase 2 or 3, at 1999 I'm assuming phase 3 and then they should be for vented rear discs, which are the only vehicles to use that set up on the p1's and are no longer available in the UK as far as I'm aware. I was going to look at the xc90 rear disc when I get on to doing mine, but I am interested in any uprated set up for the rear also.

NECC
Tuesday 10th April 2018, 20:53
Mine a solid rear discs but think ive cured the initial issue by replacing the rear shoes and using a new fitting kit

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 11th April 2018, 13:24
Mine a solid rear discs but think ive cured the initial issue by replacing the rear shoes and using a new fitting kit

There's lucky then, solids are readily available if you require them, I'm in the process of replacing the whole of the handbrake system on my Gul as it has become unrelieable sticking on and requiring me to reverse to free it. Mainly it is the cables that are the issue with mine and with both replaced and new components fitted all should be good for a good long time.

roryscott30
Tuesday 8th May 2018, 08:45
Good morning,

My dad has just picked up a 2000 P3 phase 1 V70r which has the vented rear discs. I can source the discs from Volvo however the Calipers and back plates are the issue. Until I manage to source the Caliper is there an easier alternative to the rear brake set up and do I need the back plate for the hand brake assembly? I have heard the s60/v70 rear calipers bolt straight on with a solid disc however again I need the back plate, was it not the same as the early xc70 or v70 awd?

Any help/advice would be appreciated