PDA

View Full Version : S40 & V40 replacement door compatibility

Garageflower
Thursday 29th March 2018, 23:25
Hey guys n gals!

I was recently in an accident and my Vovlo S40 (2004) front passenger door was damaged beyond repair. I called around the local auto breakers and found a Volvo V40 (2003). The guy on the phone said they are the same door but the garage who are going to fit it were unsure so I wanted to get a 2nd opinion before buying.

Any advice would be greatley appreciated.

Thank you

Dougie

S40kieran
Friday 30th March 2018, 20:27
Hey guys n gals!

I was recently in an accident and my Vovlo S40 (2004) front passenger door was damaged beyond repair. I called around the local auto breakers and found a Volvo V40 (2003). The guy on the phone said they are the same door but the garage who are going to fit it were unsure so I wanted to get a 2nd opinion before buying.

Any advice would be greatley appreciated.

Thank you

Dougie

Yes front doors are the same rear doors aren't, you can use you're existing wiring, join voc guy called Alex aka gatos he's a x40 guru. Also antz is breaking a v40;) in the sales section and is a good seller, it's a shame you don't live closer in a few weeks time I'm breaking my s40 sport Lux it got damaged in the snow. All the damage is on the drivers side.

Garageflower
Friday 30th March 2018, 21:36
Yes front doors are the same rear doors aren't, you can use you're existing wiring, join voc guy called Alex aka gatos he's a x40 guru. Also antz is breaking a v40;) in the sales section and is a good seller, it's a shame you don't live closer in a few weeks time I'm breaking my s40 sport Lux it got damaged in the snow. All the damage is on the drivers side.

Fantastic! Thank you for the advice. Door swap and a respray and I'll have it looking great again :)