PDA

View Full Version : Model Year 1996 and 97 with Heated Seats

Martinr
Tuesday 13th December 2005, 11:19
I was looking through some papers the weekend and I found one relating to the Volvo Active Service Campaign on MY96-97 850 Saloon and Estates with heated front seats. Quote;

“It has been identified that there may be a potential deterioration of the wiring to the heating elements of both front seats. The wiring requires a check to be carried out and a modified loom to be fitted.

Please contact your local dealer who will confirm if your vehicle is affected and if necessary arrange for the modification to be carried out free of charge.

The last six digits of the chassis range of affected vehicles are as follows;

850 Saloon – 267427 to 393364
850 Estate - 175991 to 340364

All UK supplied vehicles within this chassis range were fitted with heated front seats as standard.

NB: It may well be that due to the age of the vehicles, there are other faults unassociated with this Campaign that could be detected during the dealer inspection. If this is the case any repair to these that the dealer undertakes will be chargeable.”

Hopefully this will clear up any questions people may have as to whether or not their heated seat problems are covered by the recall.

arbee
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 19:26
shame mine is a '95. they aint working!

pzorb
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 19:36
Best thing about it is getting a courtesy car! Totally free! And it only takes them about 10 minutes! (another fine example of a dealer not knowing @rse from elbow)

weasel
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 21:50
just got mine done after they nagged me. took about 20 mins.... the car was bloody filthy when they brought it round though! :eek:

Martinr
Thursday 15th December 2005, 09:07
Arbee

Did you check the chassis number. Often cars reg year and model year are not the same, usually 96 model year would have commenced production in 95. Worth checking if you haven't

arbee
Thursday 15th December 2005, 09:41
Arbee

Did you check the chassis number. Often cars reg year and model year are not the same, usually 96 model year would have commenced production in 95. Worth checking if you haven't

No I haven't Martin thanks, I may well have a look :) Saying that, I think from my memory a 1995 'M' plate means pre August 1995 registration.

fireclown
Thursday 15th December 2005, 16:49
got mine done last year. owt for nowt. as they say.

bertuk69
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 19:46
didn,t know about getting mine done, never thought of it until it burst into flames in bolton town centre , while i was driving, made one heck of a mess, fire brigade said it was a write off, got pics if anyone wants to see it took me 2 days to get it right with a donor 850,full rip out including dash,suroof etc hench no more heated seats in my motor

weasel
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 21:29
yes please post the pics.... for posterity and informative value, of course.

bertuk69
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 22:52
hi weasel any idea how to post the pictures of what happens when your heated seat goes up ?cheers

bertuk69
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 23:05
this might work photos are here, http://photobucket.com/albums/c168/bertuk69/

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 23:57
Suppose anyone that is worried should check with Volvo...

I was actually sent a Letter from My local Volvo Dealer to tell me bring it in, so they should hold a database of what models have been done and any that need to be done...

t5tart
Saturday 7th January 2006, 01:48
dammnit just checked my chassi no
and im too early

any ideas why my drivers seat dont work but the passenger one does

arbee
Saturday 7th January 2006, 08:08
dammnit just checked my chassi no
and im too early

any ideas why my drivers seat dont work but the passenger one does

same here...

t5tart
Saturday 7th January 2006, 08:35
bloody anoying the other half gets a nice warm seat on a cold day and i get a bloody ice box.... the joy of full leather i guess

might get under there today (easier said than done at my size) and see if there is a loose connector or something

M44K TS
Sunday 8th January 2006, 15:03
strange you should all mention it, my drivers seat heater has seemed to stop working aswell. Might be because for 2 weeks solid, over christmas, they were switched on permenantly or could it be something else?