PDA

View Full Version : 2.4t vacuum lines for installing boost gauge but upper cylinder lubricant system.

Footfistart
Wednesday 20th December 2017, 15:59
Afternoon.

My car has an lpg system fitted but I need to install a upper lubrication system as lpg is a dry fuel and I don't fancy having crappy valves in a couple of years. The system needs to be plumed into a vacuum line close to the inlet manifold. Could someone point to which one to t into please. Its a mechanical system so no need for wiring like some systems.

Also I want to install a boost gauge as I want to know how well the turbo is doing and to see if i have any leaks. Can someone also tell me where I can hook into for a reliable reading.

Ryan

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Footfistart
Wednesday 20th December 2017, 18:09
I take it I can plumb into one of these lines? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171220/3c8a7047d1c402bdb46e9972c8538fa9.jpg

stribo
Wednesday 20th December 2017, 20:02
No, you need to tee off the vac line that goes to the inlet manifold.

LeeT5
Friday 22nd December 2017, 08:45
No, you need to tee off the vac line that goes to the inlet manifold.

What Stribo says. Do NOT plumb in on those 3 lines as they are for your Turbo control.

Underneath the intake manifold you'll see a vac line. 'T' in off that but makesure your to the 'intake manifold' side of the one way valve and not the 'MAF' side, otherwise it'll just get drawn back to the MAF (the long way round).

Footfistart
Friday 22nd December 2017, 14:55
What Stribo says. Do NOT plumb in on those 3 lines as they are for your Turbo control.

Underneath the intake manifold you'll see a vac line. 'T' in off that but makesure your to the 'intake manifold' side of the one way valve and not the 'MAF' side, otherwise it'll just get drawn back to the MAF (the long way round).Okay no worries. Those one way valves they are little inline round components? I've seen a few dotted around the engine bay in various plumbing. I'll tee the oil in the the gauge before the oil to stop contamination

Many thanks.

LeeT5
Sunday 24th December 2017, 07:34
Okay no worries. Those one way valves they are little inline round components? I've seen a few dotted around the engine bay in various plumbing. I'll tee the oil in the the gauge before the oil to stop contamination

Many thanks.

Correct.

Footfistart
Thursday 28th December 2017, 16:56
Correct.Thanks. Do you happen to know what size the vacuum lines are? Looking at them they need replacing as the outer of the lines are starting to deteriorate. Will silicone hose be as good as OEM or just go for original stuff?

LeeT5
Thursday 28th December 2017, 19:16
Stick with the OE hose.
It can be bought from the dealer as a full hose complete with one way valves.

Footfistart
Thursday 28th December 2017, 19:26
Stick with the OE hose.
It can be bought from the dealer as a full hose complete with one way valves.Oh right I didn't realise you get an entire set. I'll be doing that then.

Many thanks

Ryan