PDA

View Full Version : V70R anti roll bars

Rogerb
Sunday 26th November 2017, 22:33
Hi,
For my 1998 V70R FWD, what is the consensus on IPD bars, for UK use . Not track use but fast road?

Having read lot am I right in thinking, it is best just to fit the rear IPD bar and keep the standard one up front , to stop front wheel lifting?
The rear axil is currently off the car in bits , and I can change the bar easily now if it is worth it?

Also thinking of changing the tire size. From 205/45/17 to 215/45/17 or 215/40/17.
Is there any problem with rubbing. If I need to fit C70 steering stops can I use 225/45/17 or 225/40/17 tires without rubbing front and rear.
What are other people using? I know it probably has be asked lots of times , but I can’t find a definitive answer. I don’t want any rubbing. I will be fitting Michelin pilot sport 4 or Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3.

Thanks
Roger.

Quicksilver
Sunday 26th November 2017, 23:37
Hi Roger,
Don't have an answer on the roll bars except that there dam expensive over here, but if we only need the rear not too bad!
As for the tyres I switched to 215/45 shortly after getting mine as with the 205 the slightest sniff of a curb and the rim took a hit. I made up thicker steering stops but still get rubbing of the arch liners on the front (and the turning circle is rubbish)
Interested to hear about the rear roll bar, I've just fitted the PFV bush repair kit to the front bar as mine were shot and rattling.

Steve

don kalmar union
Monday 27th November 2017, 10:30
I used to keep these IPD bars in stock but have now run out due to lack of demand. I now only have a few P2 bars left.

You can buy directly from IPD. I would suggest only getting the rear one as that makes a great difference is improving response to steering input and cuts down on understeer... the front one does not really help in that respect.

The most noticeable rubbing comes from lowering the rear suspension when the wheel and tyre roll forward as they move further up in the chassis.

Were you to buy my KU fully adjustable suspension kit then you really cover all points... but it costs a bit more than just one rear bar....

http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-850_s70_v70_c70-suspension/

Don.

Nealevo
Monday 27th November 2017, 13:24
I run IPD ARBs on my 850R, and honestly they are not worth the money, fit a rear if you need to but leave the front alone, they just induce more understeer. If anything go softer on the front.

As for tyre size, go for 215 40 17 to keep the same radius, you wont notice too much if you go 215 45 17

Rogerb
Tuesday 28th November 2017, 17:10
Thanks for the reply’s