PDA

View Full Version : engine system service required 2006 C70

Jango
Saturday 4th November 2017, 17:36
Hi guys,

Nee owner of a 2006 C70 (only had it 1 week), just been presented with this error?

engine system service required with a yellow i symbol on the dash?

Any ideas.!

I’m sure the car feels like it’s holding back now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-R-P
Sunday 5th November 2017, 09:20
Could be a number of things. Best get a code reader on it as guesswork can be expensive.

Jango
Sunday 5th November 2017, 13:56
Could be a number of things. Best get a code reader on it as guesswork can be expensive.

Ok so I’ve read the code using the old Volvo read/front fog like trick.. it’s says code 019

Any ideas now?

Jango
Sunday 5th November 2017, 13:57

2nd thought, is it worth getting this?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F 152561712648

stribo
Sunday 5th November 2017, 15:54
Apparently it has an additive tank that needs refilling. Either it needs refilling, or has been refilled but hasn't been reset with VIDA. Either way, you'll need VIDA. I'm guessing your C70 is diesel.

The link you've posted is for a DICE unit, this is the interface between a laptop and car, but you'll need a laptop with VIDA installed.
Whereabouts in the country are you, there may be someone one here who's nearby, and has VIDA.

Jango
Sunday 5th November 2017, 18:27
Apparently it has an additive tank that needs refilling. Either it needs refilling, or has been refilled but hasn't been reset with VIDA. Either way, you'll need VIDA. I'm guessing your C70 is diesel.

The link you've posted is for a DICE unit, this is the interface between a laptop and car, but you'll need a laptop with VIDA installed.
Whereabouts in the country are you, there may be someone one here who's nearby, and has VIDA.

Cheers. Yep 2006 D5 C70? I’m based in Bedford? Anyone close to where their toy...

Is the tank refill a garage job? I’m guessing you’ll need a decent ramp etc

stribo
Monday 6th November 2017, 09:07
Cheers. Yep 2006 D5 C70? I’m based in Bedford? Anyone close to where their toy...

From what I've read, it's above the rear axle, so access isn't easy. If you're on facebook, try this page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1921217794833193/

Jango
Wednesday 8th November 2017, 15:23
From what I've read, it's above the rear axle, so access isn't easy. If you're on facebook, try this page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1921217794833193/

Still digging into this, I’m finding (albeit old post, but it is an old car) referring to this code being to with to much oil & that it would need to be drained to a better level.

To make things harder my dip stick has now broken, ordered a new one from the dealers, the fun will be trying to get the old one out.

Don’t know if it’s worth giving this a try?!!

Views please

JA

Blackdog
Wednesday 8th November 2017, 16:40
To the best of my knowledge the D5 engine does not use an additive for DPF regeneration. When at normal operating temp it auto regens by injecting additional fuel to increase exhaust temp to burn off the soot in the filter.

If used on short journeys alot it may need a forced regen which is done by driving until normal temp is achieved then driving for a further 20 mins preferably on a motorway or dual carriage way. If this was the case on a 2006 V70 the dim would read "Soot filter full" and the dash would show a yellow warning triangle.

That said best thing to do is get the codes read properly so you know what needs doing.

I would also suggest you get it done sooner rather than later to avoid damage or further damage to the engine.

LeeT5
Thursday 9th November 2017, 08:05
To the best of my knowledge the D5 engine does not use an additive for DPF regeneration. When at normal operating temp it auto regens by injecting additional fuel to increase exhaust temp to burn off the soot in the filter.

If used on short journeys alot it may need a forced regen which is done by driving until normal temp is achieved then driving for a further 20 mins preferably on a motorway or dual carriage way. If this was the case on a 2006 V70 the dim would read "Soot filter full" and the dash would show a yellow warning triangle.

That said best thing to do is get the codes read properly so you know what needs doing.

I would also suggest you get it done sooner rather than later to avoid damage or further damage to the engine.

:stupid:

Jango
Thursday 9th November 2017, 21:21
:stupid:

Explain the Stupid bit

LeeT5
Thursday 9th November 2017, 23:10
Explain the Stupid bit

Over to you Santa!! I can’t be arsed!

antonys60r
Friday 10th November 2017, 12:50

I'm fairly close to Bedford and can read the codes for you