PDA

View Full Version : A car to put my engine in

Nickallen1984
Friday 20th October 2017, 14:05
Rather than having a car and looking for an engine to put in it.... I have the opposite.. I have an engine that I want options that it will fit into.

Over the last 4 or so years I've been building and saving up for parts to make a great engine that was going to go into a kit car, however I've had a few issues with the kit car meaning that I now have to fit another engine.

The specs are:

2.3 T5 ported and flowed head (single VVT)
2.4 T5 bottom end (shimmed)
SMF, R clutch and LSD supplied by Tim
Hahn Super 20G turbo
High flow Fuel pump
650cc injecters (also some VXR ones)
R manifold
Standalone management

What I am looking for is some suggestions for a car that it can fit into. This will be a sleeper/track car and I'm not bothered by any mod cons, compatibility etc - basically looking to make a shell of a car where the engine will fit and then work from there. I realise that are a lot of compatibility issues with immobilsation and other issues, however I'm really looking to make this a road legal track car that'll supprise some road cars too - I'm also not looking to put it in an 850, v70 or s60, though I may due to them being bolt in - I want something different - and also not necessarily volvo. Essentially for a list of cars that the engine will fit into without modifying the chassis/monocoque

Would the engine (and turbo) fit into any of these:

C30
s40 (old or new)
v40
v50

Again - I realise that the newer ones will have issues with connecting to the other electrical systems, but I'm really aiming for a shell that it fits into and work out the rest via removing and bodging!

M-R-P
Saturday 21st October 2017, 00:10
It'll probably fit in the c30 and v50 chassis as they're made to take a volvo lump.

There was a lad who put a t5 lump in the back of a saxo, that was a fun project. Google "volvaxo"

Nickallen1984
Sunday 22nd October 2017, 21:27
Yeah - I've seen that one!

Sadly it would require an IVA to make it properly road legal - I was doing the same as the same guy who did the saxo's Toyota MR2 - I was plannnig to put the T5 engine in the boot, however it requires a small chassis notch.... which means IVA test... wouldn't have been so bad if I registered it before April this year.... however the taxation on CO2 produced would mean I'd be paying £2k a year on road tax! Hence why I want a car to drop it into without chassis or monocoque modification!

Probably going to wait and see if I can find a C30 with a shot engine and have a play with that - I imagine that they handle a little better though they could be the same chassis?