PDA

View Full Version : Hello I have a 1998 me7 v70r looking to have it remapped

andrewc
Sunday 15th October 2017, 11:08
The car is totally standard apart from a Piper panel filter it's done 70k with full service history it did have the pcv replaced up to me owning it as I do it myself who's the best to remap it it's not in daily use its spends most of its time locked in my garage I was reading about Rica bsr ect I did speak to a guy Hamish at hml someone from the other forum said he has the Rica map but Hamish said he has stopped tuning as he has not renewed his licenses on his equipment any ideas as the old girl needs some life breathing it to it as modern cars are getting so much quicker

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

claymore
Sunday 15th October 2017, 12:29
Shem Green or Tim Williams

andrewc
Sunday 15th October 2017, 13:45
Shem Green or Tim WilliamsWho are they what's there company

claymore
Sunday 15th October 2017, 14:15
You'll need to join some of the Volvo facebook pages to find them, this is Shems page, Tim doesn't have a page.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/shemtekautomotive/about/

MoleT-5R
Sunday 15th October 2017, 22:22
Don will be along soon with an mte opton. ....there are a good few options out there....it will depend on what your car has in the way of modifications already , if not many then I'd head down the mte route....or for the more modified car Tim or Shem

andrewc
Sunday 15th October 2017, 23:00
You'll need to join some of the Volvo facebook pages to find them, this is Shems page, Tim doesn't have a page.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/shemtekautomotive/about/Don't do Facebook mate not my thing

claymore
Monday 16th October 2017, 07:08
Don't do Facebook mate not my thing

That's fine, you asked for advice, advice was given, what you do with it is up to you, it's an unfortunate thing, but forums are becoming a thing of the past unfortunately :( and FB is the new source for information and contacts. The two best Volvo Tuners are freely accesable on FB, if you choose not to go down that rout then you are left with waiting for someone co come along selling a used Rica / HLM ecu, also, are you sure you have an ME7 ecu?

andrewc
Monday 16th October 2017, 07:47
Definitely me7 it has no throttle cable I had the throttle body rebuilt with contactless mod as I had idling issues awhile back

don kalmar union
Monday 16th October 2017, 11:06
As has been stated earlier I can offer MTE's well received and documented' Swedish written software for your car for £395 including VAT. I do need confirmation as to whether your car has a manual or auto. box to give you the outputs for stage 1 and 2.

You carry out the installation using MTE's Softloader as an interface between your car's OBD port and an XP laptop. I loan that Softloader against a fully returnable deposit of £155. You first take a raed out from which MTE assemvble their unique set of their calibrations to exactly match your car's basic Volvo software.

Don.

In respect of the 'well received and documented' BS you should search here, chez t5d5 and the VOC forums where you will find such stuff in depth... and over nigh on 20 years.

shaun600
Tuesday 17th October 2017, 09:26
I had my 2013 V40 D3 remapped yesterday to 206bhp from 153 ish still awaiting dyno runs via e mail for all spec however does feel so much better, that was done in Wolverhampton

Sent from my CHEETAH using Tapatalk