PDA

View Full Version : 98 V90 stall

Reignmaker
Sunday 24th September 2017, 01:21
Hi everyone. My v90 2.9 is stalling, without going dead. Usually a couple minutes after start, it will puke out after taking off from a stop, no lights come on or error codes just a lack of pedal then it roars back after a couple of seconds. Anybody have this occur? So far I have replaced the mass air flow and it doesn't seem like an injector issue. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 24th September 2017, 17:12
Possible fuel starvation issue? Something in the line like dodgy fuel pump, blocked fuel filter or bad fuel pressure regulator.

Reignmaker
Sunday 24th September 2017, 17:32
Possible fuel starvation issue? Something in the line like dodgy fuel pump, blocked fuel filter or bad fuel pressure regulator.

Hi Dave, you are thinking along the same lines as I am. I replaced the fuel pump already, and was thinking filter and regulator should be next. Thanks for the input.

Dangerous Dave
Monday 25th September 2017, 22:07
The filter is a cheap and easy item to replace and should be done if it hasn't been done for a long time anyway

Reignmaker
Tuesday 26th September 2017, 18:11
The filter is a cheap and easy item to replace and should be done if it hasn't been done for a long time anyway

I just did the pump a few months ago, I have the regulator and filter arriving today. We will see if it fixes this.

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 27th September 2017, 15:51
I just did the pump a few months ago, I have the regulator and filter arriving today. We will see if it fixes this.

Cool, let us know how you get on :)

LeeT5
Wednesday 27th September 2017, 19:50
Start cheap!

Have you tried cleaning the throttle assembly out?

Any fault codes?

Fuel pressure regulator would cause a fault code to be logged, as would a blocked fuel filter. If the car then drives fine, even under, after the initial stall, then I very much doubt its the filter.

Reignmaker
Sunday 1st October 2017, 19:51
Start cheap!

Have you tried cleaning the throttle assembly out?

Any fault codes?

Fuel pressure regulator would cause a fault code to be logged, as would a blocked fuel filter. If the car then drives fine, even under, after the initial stall, then I very much doubt its the filter.

It’s not so much a stall as it just goes flat. No pedal, like a long hesitation. No lights, no codes. I have my parts (filter and pressure regulator)and am trying to find time to get out there and install, next day or two. Thanks for the comments.