PDA

View Full Version : Boot trim removal?

Gold 'N' Brown
Saturday 23rd September 2017, 13:08
Just been down to the V70 having a sniff about inside the boot to see if I could work out how to remove the interior side panels (i.e. where they cover the rear fusebox etc). Absolutely no idea! And I don't want to start tugging and breaking clips.

So can anyone give me any pointers please? Roughly where clips are, method of removal, which order to remove trim if bits are dependent on each other, and so on.

Likewise any pointers on the plastic trim around the light clusters and tailgate as I'll probably be removing them in the near future for wiring in a rear view camera.

LeeT5
Sunday 24th September 2017, 08:13
Fold the rear seats down.
Pull up the rear floor and remove.
Pull out the corner piece under the rear light cluster.
Get inside the boot and place your fingers on top of the side panel.
Then give it a sharp but firm 'yank' towards you!
The panel is held in but push fit clips!

I can't remember, but I seem to think there's a 10 or 12mm bolt somewhere near the floor that has to to undone? It will be obvious.

Harvey
Sunday 24th September 2017, 15:01
where the load cover fits in their is a bolt that needs to be removed.

LeeT5
Sunday 24th September 2017, 18:17
where the load cover fits in their is a bolt that needs to be removed.

That’s the one! I knew there was a bolt somewhere.

Gold 'N' Brown
Monday 25th September 2017, 10:36
Fold the rear seats down.
Pull up the rear floor and remove.
Pull out the corner piece under the rear light cluster.
Get inside the boot and place your fingers on top of the side panel.
Then give it a sharp but firm 'yank' towards you!
The panel is held in but push fit clips!

I can't remember, but I seem to think there's a 10 or 12mm bolt somewhere near the floor that has to to undone? It will be obvious.

THanks both of you. I had a feeling you'd both reply as I know you've both been in that area when playing about with your CFEs :beer:

Just a couple of clarifications Lee, by "corner piece under the rear light cluster" do you mean the carpeted access panel, or the plastic trim behind the cluster? And "place your fingers on top of the side panel" do you mean at the base of the side window, where the vents are?

LeeT5
Monday 25th September 2017, 11:28
THanks both of you. I had a feeling you'd both reply as I know you've both been in that area when playing about with your CFEs :beer:

Just a couple of clarifications Lee, by "corner piece under the rear light cluster" do you mean the carpeted access panel, or the plastic trim behind the cluster? And "place your fingers on top of the side panel" do you mean at the base of the side window, where the vents are?

Yes to 'Carpeted access panel' and 'where the vents are'. :B_thumb: