PDA

View Full Version : V70R p1 FWD rear suspension

Muzzleflash
Wednesday 20th September 2017, 19:38
Hello first post. Does a 97 V70R fwd have nivomat suspension?? Thank you in advance.

stribo
Thursday 21st September 2017, 09:05
Yes.

rs_andy
Thursday 21st September 2017, 20:35
Yes.

Wouldnt have thought so, certainly not as standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quicksilver
Thursday 21st September 2017, 22:31
Mine has.

Muzzleflash
Friday 22nd September 2017, 00:08
Wouldnt have thought so, certainly not as standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did unfortunately - but I'm converting it to standard shocks, with uprated springs., 1/8th the price of new (extraneous) Nivos.....

Quicksilver
Friday 22nd September 2017, 10:34
They did unfortunately - but I'm converting it to standard shocks, with uprated springs., 1/8th the price of new (extraneous) Nivos.....

I would probably do the same if they were to go faulty but I use mine for towing and carrying and the self leveling is handy.

LeeT5
Sunday 24th September 2017, 08:22
My P1 V70R AWD 1999 had Nivomats on the rear and they worked incredibly well!

From memory, Nivomats were NOT standard but an option due to the cost...almost double that of a standard shock.
Easiest way to check is to look under the car, but if you don't know what your looking at then give your Dealer a ring, tell them your Reg and they will be able to tell you everything you need to know.

Anyone with VIDA can also tell you , as it will list the build spec of your car from new.

foammanmark
Sunday 24th September 2017, 19:47
Sometime early 2018 I will have a pair of Nivo's for sale. Due to a BC coilover 'breaking', I have Nivo's on the rear of my C70, but she sits too high, so a new BC strut and the Nivo's will be spare.

claymore
Monday 25th September 2017, 08:21
My P1 V70R AWD 1999 had Nivomats on the rear and they worked incredibly well!

give your Dealer a ring, tell them your Reg and they will be able to tell you everything you need to know.

Anyone with VIDA can also tell you , as it will list the build spec of your car from new.

That's assuming they haven't been changed in the 20 year life of the car.

MoleT-5R
Monday 25th September 2017, 08:29
That's assuming they haven't been changed in the 20 year life of the car.

Yes that is true, anything could have changed since the car was built, so the Vida build spec may not be totally correct, so as Lee said he may need to know what he's looking for...

Whilst on the Nivo subject and also for the OP's information, are the top mounts different for nivo and non-nivo setups ?? I believe there are 2 different part numbers but can't recall actually seeing any differences in any top mounts that I have here.

claymore
Monday 25th September 2017, 08:51
Yes that is true, anything could have changed since the car was built, so the Vida build spec may not be totally correct, so as Lee said he may need to know what he's looking for...

Whilst on the Nivo subject and also for the OP's information, are the top mounts different for nivo and non-nivo setups ?? I believe there are 2 different part numbers but can't recall actually seeing any differences in any top mounts that I have here.
Yep, top mounts are different, so you have to replace shocks, mounts and springs.

Muzzleflash
Saturday 30th September 2017, 08:18
Yep, top mounts are different, so you have to replace shocks, mounts and springs.

Now all done using new mounts, standard shocks and Lesjofors uprated coils. 👍