PDA

View Full Version : Emissions Warning light

jellison
Monday 11th September 2017, 07:17
Hi all,

this came on yesterday half way to Donington Park from Surrey. After I'd looked it up on getting there, relieved it was not some major engine thing.

Not had this on either of previous 2 Volvo's in several 100k and current R has only 90 on it. Any idea's what it will likely be?

Cat (can't see it at 90k), O2 sensor? Performance no different (well not that I could see towing).

Cheers
Jon

stribo
Monday 11th September 2017, 08:17
It's not actually an emissions warning light, it's just an engine management light. It could be a multitude of things, without getting the codes read, you'll be very lucky to find out what's wrong.

jellison
Monday 11th September 2017, 08:34
Ah ok, trip to the dealer then!

Might explain the very intermittent cutting out I have had since buying the car 2k miles ago.

On a run this might only happen once or twice the whole journey, but just driving along it will hesitate for about a second / maybe 1.5, like a spark cut of a blocked injector. So in frequent I have not gotten too annoyed about it, but on towing yesterday it was doing it way more (more load on the engine), and on filling up 2/3d's of way to where I was going the light then came on after filling it up. I'm thinking injector or maybe a coil pack? Anyway will book it on.

jellison
Monday 11th September 2017, 09:16
Where is the EGR valve on a V70 P2 "Petrol". Chap at work here seems to think the symptoms I have could be this is bunged up and needs a clean out. Can't find a pic with a quick google.

LeeT5
Monday 11th September 2017, 13:34
Where is the EGR valve on a V70 P2 "Petrol". Chap at work here seems to think the symptoms I have could be this is bunged up and needs a clean out. Can't find a pic with a quick google.

P2R does not have an EGR valve. Best you don't let you're mate look at it anymore before he misdiagnoses it and spends your money.