PDA

View Full Version : My former V70 R manual fwd Nautic.

foammanmark
Sunday 6th August 2017, 19:45
So after owning this car twice already. she came up for sale yet again due to being under used. After much thought, I've put a hefty deposit on her to keep her in our circles. If anyone is after one then give me a shout, or very reluctantly(not), she will become my car yet again!!

Ettienne
Sunday 6th August 2017, 20:26
I'd have had it last week, but bought the S70R

foammanmark
Sunday 6th August 2017, 20:33
I'd have had it last week, but bought the S70R

The main thing is that I have her, whether or not I intend to keep her is another matter. She needs too be appreciated, and I do. even if it's only temporary ownership.

foammanmark
Sunday 6th August 2017, 20:39
So I have a serious bite on my OG 9-3 Aero coupe, which if proceeds means that the V70 R stays with me.

foammanmark
Sunday 6th August 2017, 21:05
Look, I'm sorry for partly leaving the Volvo world for Saab, but what is almost immediately obvious is that Volvo's are far superior build quality. So the fact that Saabs do 20%+ better mpg is offset when you come to MOT time, and you get a £700 bill, fpr holes in the floor etc.

MoleT-5R
Monday 7th August 2017, 09:15
good to hear you're keeping the v70r from the wolves, you know how hard it is to find a good one and really only know when you let it go. good luck with the saab sale mate.

LeeT5
Monday 7th August 2017, 10:04
Look, I'm sorry for partly leaving the Volvo world for Saab, but what is almost immediately obvious is that Volvo's are far superior build quality. So the fact that Saabs do 20%+ better mpg is offset when you come to MOT time, and you get a £700 bill, fpr holes in the floor etc.

That'll teach you to get a Vauxhall...I mean SAAB :uglyhamme

foammanmark
Monday 7th August 2017, 15:23
good to hear you're keeping the v70r from the wolves, you know how hard it is to find a good one and really only know when you let it go. good luck with the saab sale mate.

It was another one of those moments when I sold her, that I turned round and looked at her and thought, what have I done!!

3rd time of ownership and the DVLA will think I'm bonkers.........lol.

Doingitsideways
Monday 7th August 2017, 15:36
Lol, if you sell it again, it'll be "x previous owners, but most of them are me :lol:"

foammanmark
Monday 7th August 2017, 15:39

Thanks, but I've obtained a quotation for insuring the R just in case the Saab doesn't go, but would have to start a new policy as they won't insure any more cars on our current policy. Aviva have quoted £572 with O NCD(mine are already used on 2 cars), only 3,000 miles/year and SD & P. Plan to obtain further quotes.

foammanmark
Monday 7th August 2017, 15:42
Lol, if you sell it again, it'll be "x previous owners, but most of them are me :lol:"

Yeah, lol. Think I owned her Oct 12 - July 14, Apr 15 - Jan 17 and then from whenever I pick her up again.

Doingitsideways
Monday 7th August 2017, 23:10
How many have you got now, Mark?
Look into fleet insurance.

I use a broker called Clegg Gifford. Minimum of three cars and I've yet to find the upper limit :lol:

Jofenan
Tuesday 8th August 2017, 10:25
I use Peter best (pbis). £200 fully comp on my t5. 0 ncb 3000 miles pa

foammanmark
Tuesday 8th August 2017, 17:35
How many have you got now, Mark?
Look into fleet insurance.

I use a broker called Clegg Gifford. Minimum of three cars and I've yet to find the upper limit :lol:

Cheers for this. Temporarily at least, we'll be at 6, but Aviva will only(only-PMSL) insure 5 on a single multi-car policy.

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 8th August 2017, 23:30
Ask about the way NCB works, as mine works a bit weird.

Although it applies to my policy on renewal, because it isn't applied to a particular driver, on a particular vehicle, it makes it difficult if you want to move on.

That said, on the whole I'm quite happy with mine and as long as you have at least three cars to insure it can work out very worthwile.

My premium is based on the drivers rather than the cars, so it didn't even change when I added the XC90 V8, when all the other cars/vans were worth less put together.

foammanmark
Wednesday 9th August 2017, 09:41
Ask about the way NCB works, as mine works a bit weird.

Although it applies to my policy on renewal, because it isn't applied to a particular driver, on a particular vehicle, it makes it difficult if you want to move on.

That said, on the whole I'm quite happy with mine and as long as you have at least three cars to insure it can work out very worthwile.

My premium is based on the drivers rather than the cars, so it didn't even change when I added the XC90 V8, when all the other cars/vans were worth less put together.

I'm waiting until this coming weekend before I jump on the insurance, as a Saab may go, meaning that the R goes on our current policy.

foammanmark
Friday 11th August 2017, 12:12
I'm waiting until this coming weekend before I jump on the insurance, as a Saab may go, meaning that the R goes on our current policy.

OK, so how things can change overnight. My wife had an accident on Wednesday and her 156 is written off. Minimal damage but not worth repairing, and the main thing is that she's fine. The R is now on our multi-car policy in place of the 156, with an increase in premium of £6.00/month.

MoleT-5R
Friday 11th August 2017, 14:53
OK, so how things can change overnight. My wife had an accident on Wednesday and her 156 is written off. Minimal damage but not worth repairing, and the main thing is that she's fine. The R is now on our multi-car policy in place of the 156, with an increase in premium of £6.00/month.

Sorry to hear you wife was in an accident, I do hope she is fine...good job she wasn't in your R...but she could have at least killed off your Saab for you...;)

stribo
Friday 11th August 2017, 16:51
Sorry to hear you wife was in an accident, I do hope she is fine...good job she wasn't in your R...but she could have at least killed off your Saab for you...;)

She killed a Fiat, it's not all bad. ;)

foammanmark
Friday 11th August 2017, 17:41

And has now taken my Fiat oil burner off me, so all good. Miss the economy but I will make Mr Shell happy.

MoleT-5R
Friday 11th August 2017, 19:41

Claymore wouldn't agree...

Doingitsideways
Friday 11th August 2017, 23:51
Fate is a twisted beast!
Glad your missus is ok though.

I like an Alfa too :(

Blackdog
Saturday 12th August 2017, 06:04
Glad to hear your good lady is OK.

I loved my 156 wagon as well.

foammanmark
Saturday 12th August 2017, 09:13
Done 53k miles in my 156 2.4JTD sw since 1/2/14, and my's wife car that is written off was a 1.8TS. She will notice a big difference in power and economy, so I think she'll be happy!!

Looking like I'm off to collect the R later today. The car is in Carlisle, but we're meeting approx half way between us, Oxenholme near Kendal. Starting to get excited!!

MoleT-5R
Saturday 12th August 2017, 09:17
Done 53k miles in my 156 2.4JTD sw since 1/2/14, and my's wife car that is written off was a 1.8TS. She will notice a big difference in power and economy, so I think she'll be happy!!

Looking like I'm off to collect the R later today. The car is in Carlisle, but we're meeting approx half way between us, Oxenholme near Kendal. Starting to get excited!!

good to hear it sort of worked itself out in the end, so your R could return....now keep hold of it this time Mark......pmsl :)

foammanmark
Saturday 12th August 2017, 09:32
good to hear it sort of worked itself out in the end, so your R could return....now keep hold of it this time Mark......pmsl :)

Yeah, it's a joke really, 3 Rd time ownership. Plan is to run her through the 200k barrier as she's on 191k now, celebrate her 20th birthday Feb'18, and see where we go from there.

Negotiating with the wife on her number plate, N-- FUN, with a view to getting it on the R. Already put the plate on retention.

foammanmark
Saturday 12th August 2017, 20:32
Feels really funny tbh, but I collected her earlier this evening. Train upto Oxenholme where Andy met me, and then I had an awesome drive back. Bonnet insulation removed, induction kit that I fitted, and now a dump valve also. Turned the radio off to listen to the engine and it made me smile.

Plans when funds permit, are a cat back exhaust and a replacement bonnet. Dents from a kid on the street standing on it with football blades on, and a nasty lacquer issue.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 13th August 2017, 08:11
Just no replacing the sounds and fun to be had in an R, whether it's v70 or 850 it's all smiles per mile...:)

foammanmark
Sunday 13th August 2017, 16:53
Just no replacing the sounds and fun to be had in an R, whether it's v70 or 850 it's all smiles per mile...:)

Totally agree!! I feel like I've been reacquainted with an old pal, and so good to see her outside the house again. There will NOT be 4th time ownership.....PMSL.

foammanmark
Thursday 14th September 2017, 13:05
So my R sat for a month after coming back, but this week I had 2m x 1m sheets of foam to move. The foam is flexible, so bends over the back seat and then the 2m length will go in. Been to Cradley Heath and Telford, so 280 miles or so.

Just found out that I need to collect some more sheets from Matlock next week, so it's the R again that I will have to use. Really missed the space and pace, and it's great to get some miles on her.

foammanmark
Saturday 30th September 2017, 18:01
I've had to service the Forge dump valve, sort a number plate light and adjust the handbrake, but as she approaches 192k miles, she is running so sweet. Did over 1,000 miles in her in Sept due to carrying foam and needing the size of the V70.

foammanmark
Sunday 8th October 2017, 19:47
Stribo is breaking what looks like a Nautic V70 T5, and I have claimed the bonnet and driver's door for my R. Subject to checking the colour code, these parts will be mine and my car will become even more sorted..........