PDA

View Full Version : Ex-plod extra fusebox & wiring

Ayrshore
Tuesday 25th July 2017, 21:59
Anyone got any info/diagrams for this extra fusebox under the boot floor on the near side? Been looking for ages and found nothing.

M-R-P
Wednesday 26th July 2017, 00:27
Nothing on mine in that area. There's one in the side that extends downward under the floor but that's standard on all v70s.

LeeT5
Wednesday 26th July 2017, 07:18
Anyone got any info/diagrams for this extra fusebox under the boot floor on the near side? Been looking for ages and found nothing.

:worthless

Ayrshore
Wednesday 26th July 2017, 22:18
OK, I'll take some tomorrow.

expolicev70t5
Thursday 27th July 2017, 13:11
Mine was an 05 plate and had same fuse box, there is a pic on thread entiltled Thats much Better!! under Phase 2 V70 section when I sound proofed the car. Not sure what the fuses were for though

Ayrshore
Friday 28th July 2017, 00:22

LeeT5
Friday 28th July 2017, 09:27
Surely youve answered your own question? Check if the parking heater is still fitted, as that could be useful if reinstated and working.
Otherwise, the rest is useless and just have it all removed.

Ayrshore
Friday 28th July 2017, 18:43
I haven't answered my own question, I've posted a picture of a fusebox. I have no idea what fuse is connected to what wire or what supply, and I want to know where the wiring goes to so I can make use of it.

Given it appears to be a standard factory fit item, I'd have expected there to be a wiring diagram or a fusebox layout diagram available somewhere.

Harvey
Friday 28th July 2017, 20:28
I would guess it had two battery's fitted when it was in service.
aux battery would have done lights & comms equipment. There would have been an auxiliary relay to link the battery's when the engine is running to charge / run the aux side of things.
The space where the spare tyre is would have been used for the extra electrical equipment.
so my guess most or all those fuses in the extra fuse box will be dead , but put a meter on them before you start to play with the wires. .
looking at the photo you posted it does show cables starting in the center of the boot floor , what's in the boot under the covers where the spare should be .
I've never seen a police car with a officer changing it's wheel due to a puncture.

LeeT5
Friday 28th July 2017, 21:01

This is what you first posted ^^^^^

Then you posted this ^^^^, which looks like a diagram with info to me!

I haven't answered my own question, I've posted a picture of a fusebox. I have no idea what fuse is connected to what wire or what supply, and I want to know where the wiring goes to so I can make use of it.

Given it appears to be a standard factory fit item, I'd have expected there to be a wiring diagram or a fusebox layout diagram available somewhere.

Unfortunately, I've missed placed my crystal ball but since you are now actually asking for a wiring diagram, which if you'd said so in the first place, I can tell you that there is one available. However, you need VIDA and the POLICE wiring should be on the diagram disc to be able to get to that info. Since that info is not available to the general public unless you are REALLY friendly with a Volvo master tech and they are prepaired to lose their job over it, then I guess that info will not be readily available.

I have VIDA and I will have a look for you. :wink:

LeeT5
Friday 28th July 2017, 21:03
I would guess it had two battery's fitted when it was in service.
aux battery would have done lights & comms equipment. There would have been an auxiliary relay to link the battery's when the engine is running to charge / run the aux side of things.
The space where the spare tyre is would have been used for the extra electrical equipment.
so my guess most or all those fuses in the extra fuse box will be dead , but put a meter on them before you start to play with the wires. .
looking at the photo you posted it does show cables starting in the center of the boot floor , what's in the boot under the covers where the spare should be .
I've never seen a police car with a officer changing it's wheel due to a puncture.

Police vehicles only have one battery Harvey, typically an 019 type. Standard on a P2 T5 is 075 or 096 (depending on spec)

Ayrshore
Saturday 29th July 2017, 08:55
Thanks Lee, that's what I was looking for. :)

I took most of the passenger side of the car apart last night, it appears the bulk of the wiring doesn't go anywhere near that fuse box. Mostly it has feeds under the boot floor, and to the centre console (radio holes where the cup holders and CD holders normally are, which is ideal for me!)

The car has only one battery, and it didn't have the extra heater - that was optional.

It also had a full size spare wheel (as standard with early P2 Police cars, later ones came with a full size spare, but only a space saver holes in the boot!), so any equipment was mounted under the boot floor.

I'll report my findings from my car once I've finished - I know it was video and tracker equipped, and there's bundles of ribbon cable that led from the centre console to the boot as well.

LeeT5
Sunday 30th July 2017, 08:23
Thanks Lee, that's what I was looking for. :)

I took most of the passenger side of the car apart last night, it appears the bulk of the wiring doesn't go anywhere near that fuse box. Mostly it has feeds under the boot floor, and to the centre console (radio holes where the cup holders and CD holders normally are, which is ideal for me!)

The car has only one battery, and it didn't have the extra heater - that was optional.

It also had a full size spare wheel (as standard with early P2 Police cars, later ones came with a full size spare, but only a space saver holes in the boot!), so any equipment was mounted under the boot floor.

I'll report my findings from my car once I've finished - I know it was video and tracker equipped, and there's bundles of ribbon cable that led from the centre console to the boot as well.

That's a shame!

M-R-P
Sunday 30th July 2017, 11:14
Following....

My knowledge of the newer plodders isn't as comprehensive as I'd like it to be (there's always the possibility of a future, newer plod purchase for me one day)