PDA

View Full Version : Vac hoses

Gold 'N' Brown
Friday 7th July 2017, 22:45
I know this has probably been covered so many times in the past, so I'm sorry to bring it up again. What diameter hose should I buy to replace all my vac hoses? I know there are some different sizes in the system so I'm expecting I'll need to order 1 or 2 metres worth in more than 1 size.

LeeT5
Monday 10th July 2017, 13:35
I'd order 2m of 4mm ID, 5mm ID and 6mm ID.

When I replaced my one way valves with new ones I found the old vac hose was too large, even with 1/2" chopped off the end for the worn bit!

By ordering enough of each you'll be able to replace what fits. Just make sure you use proper clips or those sprung loaded types. Get new ones of those too as the spring tension fatigues over time and they become weak.
I replaced all of mine as it's not the sort of job I wanna do again anytime soon!

If replacing the Turbo vac lines, then I'd use fuel hose with the same ID as it's more resistant to heat and less prone to cracking, than using the standard vac hose. The 'RED' vac line from the turbo is an absolute bitch to get to and you only want to replace that once, trust me on that one!

Gold 'N' Brown
Monday 10th July 2017, 14:21
Thanks Lee. I had noted you'd mentioned use of 6mm fuel hose for your ones between the turbo and TCV etc.

LeeT5
Monday 10th July 2017, 15:24
Thanks Lee. I had noted you'd mentioned use of 6mm fuel hose for your ones between the turbo and TCV etc.

It's vital! standard vac hose just can't stand the heat and they commonly become brittle and crack just where it connects the Turbo.

Once the hoses are up and away from the Turbo (nearer to the ABS pump) I switched them all back to Blue silicone, just for asthetics as it's more pleasing on the eye :wow:

Ric@rdo
Monday 10th July 2017, 22:44
Don't forget to have a look at the hose clamps also ;)

Gold 'N' Brown
Saturday 29th July 2017, 00:24
What ID are the ones between the turbo and the TCV (the ones I need to do in fuel hose)? Are they 4mm?

Gold 'N' Brown
Saturday 29th July 2017, 00:26
Doh, ignore me, my answer is above (in one of my own posts!).