PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on BSR mapping ?

macV70R
Thursday 29th June 2017, 11:47
After my stage 0 on the V70r, I was thinking of a plug and play map.
Are BSR any good, and is there any recommendations for others?
Probably will end up with exhaust / filter etc as well.

Not been in the Volvo scene for a while, I have been working on the supra over the last year !

volvokid
Thursday 29th June 2017, 13:08
I'm sure Lee will tell you very shortly don't use them.

I have the MTE map and it's good , not as harsh as BSR.

macV70R
Thursday 29th June 2017, 16:17

I have the MTE map and it's good , not as harsh as BSR.

Yeah I had read about MTE, which car is that on ?

volvokid
Friday 30th June 2017, 01:33
It's on my P2 V70R

macV70R
Friday 30th June 2017, 10:09
It's on my P2 V70R

Did you send your ecu away, done in car or is it plug and play ?

volvokid
Saturday 1st July 2017, 15:43
Did you send your ecu away, done in car or is it plug and play ?

I was quite lucky I had my car into MRG at the time so I had it installed there.

Contact don@kalmar-union.com you send him a deposit and he sends you the stuff so that you download it to your car.

macV70R
Saturday 1st July 2017, 16:25
I was quite lucky I had my car into MRG at the time so I had it installed there.

Contact don@kalmar-union.com you send him a deposit and he sends you the stuff so that you download it to your car.

Do they do gearbox maps as well for The geartronic?

volvokid
Saturday 1st July 2017, 20:40
I'm not sure �� you will be best contacting Don

macV70R
Saturday 1st July 2017, 23:24
I'm not sure �� you will be best contacting Don

I have emailed him cheers

volvokid
Sunday 2nd July 2017, 00:01
Cool hopefully you get what you need

T5boy
Sunday 2nd July 2017, 09:28
Well impressed with BSR map on my P2 T5 and PPC with diagnostic option a great tool.

LeeT5
Thursday 13th July 2017, 14:17
I cannot recommend BSR PPC for a P2R as my last one and countless others on T5D5 are well documented as shi te.

The reason the throttle maps are so harsh is because, as my custom mapper found out when he read the files from mine, the throttle files were an absolute mess! No boost request at given rpm and then 10rpm later...60% boost! No wonder the car was rubbish on light trottle and normal driving.
I'm sure they've rectified these problems now as they did get a lot of bad press, however, BSR's aftersales is shocking and may aswell be non existent.
You'll be ok for the first year under warranty...after that, forget it! Unless you pay them to extend the warranty another year.

My custom map is 100% better and 3x cheaper than the BSR PPC stage 2 map. Also, if my car has any map problems, I just have to contact him and he'll sort it for a beer!

Peak boost is higher, torque request is up and throttle response is instant as well as smooth.....unlike the BSR map.

I cannot speak for the others like MTE as I've no experience, but they all get rave reviews on other forums.

don kalmar union
Friday 14th July 2017, 08:32
I have been selling the well received MTE Swedish written software calibrations for nearly 20 years now.

Current price is £395 including VAT for all their stock, but vehicle specific, stage 1, 2 and 3 calibrations.

You install all this yourself using MTE's unique Softloader device as an interface between your car's OBS port and an XP equipped laptop or later one able to operate in XP compatible mode. I loan that Softloader against a fully returnable deposit of £155.

Don.

andrewc
Wednesday 18th October 2017, 00:17

I have the MTE map and it's good , not as harsh as BSR.Hi by harsh do you mean to the car or drive

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

LeeT5
Tuesday 4th February 2020, 09:26
Hi by harsh do you mean to the car or drive

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Late reply but he means 'to drive'.

CALICO
Saturday 8th February 2020, 02:56
So where would I need to go to get my 185 d5 mapped im not confident enough with mapping or writing to the ECU to do it myself