PDA

View Full Version : My New T5

MacXC60T5
Saturday 10th December 2005, 21:58
Just picked up my latest T5. Comments needed I can,nt make my mind up to keep the tow bar on or take it off. It seems a bit odd to see a towbar on a T5 or is it me whos being a bit pickey. The towbar seems to say something like look at me Iam a member of the C&CC with a T5. I have no intention of ever towing anything behind. Comments of any discription are welcome. Regards
to all.

S60D5
Saturday 10th December 2005, 22:10
Just picked up my latest T5. Comments needed I can,nt make my mind up to keep the tow bar on or take it off. It seems a bit odd to see a towbar on a T5 or is it me whos being a bit pickey. The towbar seems to say something like look at me Iam a member of the C&CC with a T5. I have no intention of ever towing anything behind. Comments of any discription are welcome. Regards
to all.

Get rid of it if you can't see yourself using it! No reason to have it!

BlackBeast
Saturday 10th December 2005, 22:14

I disagree, its a good thing to have if you have upgraded you brakes and catch the unaware behind you out, its a bit of added protection :D Also, they act as a rear strut brace as has been mentioned in a previous thread :bog:

MacXC60T5
Saturday 10th December 2005, 22:16

I suppose a stupid reason is that if shunted the one at the back comes off worse. I think I will get rid of it and keep in the shed.
thanks for advice.

Tiff_T5
Saturday 10th December 2005, 22:16
Take it off carefully,and I'll buy it off ya! (yes I have a caravan. you can see the top of it in the pic on the left..previous record,93MPH,without a stabiliser)

MacXC60T5
Saturday 10th December 2005, 22:19
I suppose a stupid reason is that if shunted the one at the back comes off worse. I think I will get rid of it and keep in the shed.
thanks for advice.

OK I now see the point of a strut brace seems a very logical reason for keeping it on maybe I can get a decent cover instead of the black plastic cover.

MacXC60T5
Saturday 10th December 2005, 22:21
Take it off carefully,and I'll buy it off ya! (yes I have a caravan. you can see the top of it in the pic on the left..previous record,93MPH,without a stabiliser)

Bloody hell I wish I had not said anything about the CC&CC. 95mph without a stabiliser thats not far off the world record. I think Iam going to keep it on now.

S60D5
Saturday 10th December 2005, 22:22
I disagree, its a good thing to have if you have upgraded you brakes and catch the unaware behind you out, its a bit of added protection :D Also, they act as a rear strut brace as has been mentioned in a previous thread :bog:

For low speed shunts yes, but for slighty more than a tap up the back you're more likely to result in chassis damage by having a tow bar fitted!

Vikingxl
Saturday 10th December 2005, 22:23
If i had a tow bar on mine i wouldnt be facing such a big repair bill

S60D5
Saturday 10th December 2005, 22:25
If i had a tow bar on mine i wouldnt be facing such a big repair bill

I stand by my case - if you don't actually need a tow bar, don't have one fitted! Both of our 850 T5's have towbars fitted, both tow on a regular basis! (No caravans either!).

I'd never get one fitted to my S60 cos they look pish.

BlackBeast
Saturday 10th December 2005, 22:32
I'd never get an S60 cos they look pish.

:bog:

fraz13
Saturday 10th December 2005, 23:17
I have a towbar to fit and it will be fitted, maybe not always have the tow ball on but they are soooo handy to have.....A couldnt care what anyone thought, For those with caravans good luck, a personally wouldnt have one but how cool would it be just to go a run and camp anywhere

S60D5
Saturday 10th December 2005, 23:34
:bog:

:nutkick:

Tiff_T5
Sunday 11th December 2005, 00:54
3 kids and 2 dawgs make package holidays a bit of a pain..Caravan's brilliant!