PDA

View Full Version : 03 D5 s60 bleeding q's

edde
Thursday 11th May 2017, 01:01
Sorry to be a pain with a fairly simple question but Google wasn't too clear. What size tubing is best for bleeding the brakes on a 2003 s60 D5?

There were conflicting reports of varying sizes front to rear, but if there is a tried and tested size that gives a snug fit on the nipples I'd be most appreciative.

Also, before I read the haynes book of lies, is there a preferred order in bleeding the calipers? I assume, to work from the farthest caliper to closest to the reservoir?

Kind regards,

LeeT5
Thursday 11th May 2017, 02:23
About 4mm I.D fairly soft clear hose should do it.

Slightly warm up the end of the hose with boiling hot water and push on. Then will it cools it will shrink and grip tighter.

I take it you're pressure bleeding the brakes and not doing it the old fashion method with you're right foot, else you risk damage to the ABS pump and master cylinder.

edde
Thursday 11th May 2017, 02:58
Thanks for the heads up regarding the pressure bleed requirements, that could have ended badly...

LeeT5
Thursday 11th May 2017, 14:17
Thanks for the heads up regarding the pressure bleed requirements, that could have ended badly...

Indeed! NO problem.

TBH, give your local dealer a ring. They always have good deals on jobs like brake fluid changes and at least the job will get done properly and will flush the entire system including clutch fluid. Two years ppiece of mind too.