PDA

View Full Version : Returned to the folding...

entwisi
Tuesday 11th April 2017, 22:22
Well, was on here a number of years ago with my V70 98 LPG machine which I eventually sold at ~ 240K miles... since then I've been through a A8 4.2 Quattro sport, a Honda accord derv estate( little one #2 came along) and a VW Phaeton 3.0 TDI... now I've returned to the Volvo fold with a 2004 C70 2.4 convertible.

It's a relative lightweight in the high miles thread bought at 137500 although after less than 4 weeks I'm already over 139K... I commute round the M60 so you can keep your eye open for me if you are that way... the roof will be down as often as I can even at night so that should be a bit of a clue its likely to be me.

Its in pretty good nick overall for a 13 year old car, I had to replace a rear seat belt clip as it was sticking when trying to undo and I didn't want my daughter to be stressed about being able to get out.. The reversing parking sensors are a bit intermittent but I worked out last night that the reversing lights are not always coming on so I suspect a dodgy switch or wire somewhere.. I've also bought a s/h tow bar both to help tighten it up a little but also as I regularly scavenge wood for my wood burner stove so will need a trailer to transport it all now I don't have a cave for a boot. I also need to get some sort of bluetooth adaptor (Yatour or ??? ) for streaming music through. at the min I just bought a cassette adaptor to see me on.

I was thinking of getting a strut brace as well... I've seen them on fleabay for ~ 100 quid... anyone know if they are OK or is there a better one to go for?

Ian

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 11th April 2017, 23:15
Hey, I'm a fellow Manc, so I'll keep my eye out.
If you see a randomer waving in a green 850, black S70, grey C70 'vert or a black XC90, chances are it'll be me :)

Volvo brace up front helps no end, still no DB9 like, but a major improvement. No idea about any of the others, but can't see them being any worse as there's not much to the Volvo one.

Don't forget, pics are mandatory.

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 11th April 2017, 23:47
Welcome back and I'll keep an eye out for you, though as my 1/4mile reaction times will show you'll have passed before i wave back....lol

entwisi
Wednesday 12th April 2017, 00:26
Will get some pics up shortly then.. :worship:

Just had a nice roof down drive home including the obligatory diversion through bury / rammy due to the overnight roadworks on the 66.. ( my commute is from Knutsford to accrington)

jamesy12345
Wednesday 12th April 2017, 07:53
:welcome:...back

Those Yatour boxes are on eBay, I was using one they are not bad. Think it's this one but I would confirm with them first
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yatour-Car-Digital-CD-Music-Changer-USB-SD-MP3-for-Volvo-HU-radio-Series-C70-S60-/221938251401