PDA

View Full Version : Good spark plug or bad spark plug...

Bigsi15
Thursday 2nd March 2017, 18:08
Evening all
While sitting here after a hard days work flicking through my phone i found some pics of my plugs after my recent compression test.

So thinking to myself good colours/mixture etc or bad? Would be interested to know!

Thanks

Doingitsideways
Thursday 2nd March 2017, 18:37
How long have they been in there?

Tips look good to me, the insulator doesn't look overheated either.

I'm on an old smartphone though, so the screen isn't that great

Bigsi15
Thursday 2nd March 2017, 19:03
Cheers dude! They have been in about 10-15k miles on a stock and rica tune on and off

jamesy12345
Thursday 2nd March 2017, 19:20
Here's one of those mad colour charts that all look similar to me unless the plugs are FUBAR'd

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rQv85T2-dZQ/Ujb4o4k6hqI/AAAAAAAADls/BJd5ukaxTxc/s1600/spark-plug-reading-lg.jpg

My opinion: time to change, the electrode looks pretty well worn down. Black (carbon?) around the outside may just be due to age although if it reappears quickly on the new plugs it would be worth investigating

Tim Williams
Thursday 2nd March 2017, 19:32
They are due a change, importantly they don't show signs of burning oil but they do show you drive like a pussy lol.

Bigsi15
Thursday 2nd March 2017, 20:02
Haha! I do drive like a bit of a pussy that's true ;) something to add to the list then before coming up to see you Tim... after the clutch job... main thing is do they show any signs of running lean what with the increase in cylinder bore size etc??

Tim Williams
Thursday 2nd March 2017, 20:20
They don't look to be running lean but if you haven't driven it hard it won't be possible to see if it's lean when pushed.

Bigsi15
Thursday 2nd March 2017, 21:30
Thanks tim good start I guess :)

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 2nd March 2017, 21:43
they are due a change, importantly they don't show signs of burning oil but they do show you drive like a pussy lol.

pmsl :D :D