PDA

View Full Version : How To change: Front Pads

Assasin
Friday 9th December 2005, 01:35
Wonderd how hard it was to fit the brake pads to the front of the V70?

Now the Ferodo's have arrived im tempted by having half a day off... (and my mechanic carnt fit me in tilll next week)

Any pics or guidlines please.. ( Haynes manual has not arrived yet :slap: )

Wobbly Dave
Friday 9th December 2005, 01:42
If you can hang on a couple of weeks - I am up in the Fylde over Xmas and will show you how - you can do the pics.

They aint difficult. The true knack lies in stopping them squeaking...

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1277

Wobbly Dave
Friday 9th December 2005, 01:44
I will let you do most of it (with guidance) - just depends if you're willing to wait till I get back up North - I'll be "home home" on the 23rd and we can hook up then??

pyrotechnictigger
Friday 9th December 2005, 01:51
Dead easy matey.

You do need an allen key set (think its an 8mm to remove bolt but dont quote me), a handy grip / vice to compress the piston and a good rub with barrier cream!

As long as nothing is siezed, its straightforward. I followed hayes but didnt really need to, its pretty easy. An hour and your laughing. BUT DONT try it without the vice / handy clamp or you will die trying to compress the pistons!!!!!

Ian

spesh
Friday 9th December 2005, 17:42
Dead easy matey.

You do need an allen key set (think its an 8mm to remove bolt but dont quote me),

Ian

7mm she is
note that im quotin u

Assasin
Saturday 10th December 2005, 17:29
Sorry been working away again so never noticed the replies...

Dave, thanks for the very generous offer, i might well take you up on it if i can wait that long..

My mechanic is booked up but im still relectant to do it as my days of freezing my bits off outside are over... unless its a crisis of course...

Thanks for the adice from everyone else.. i MAY have ago at it tommorow..

Wobbly Dave
Monday 12th December 2005, 01:16
I shall be in St. Annes in 2 weeks and will happily help - so long as you do the photos for the site?

Assasin
Monday 12th December 2005, 01:35
Thanks dave, will see how it goes, but things are desperate now tbh...

Anyway, even if its done mayeb we could meet up for a waffle or sommot?

WOOHOOO blackpool T5 Cruise... :anmflower

siamblue
Monday 12th December 2005, 01:46
Sorry been working away again so never noticed the replies...

Dave, thanks for the very generous offer, i might well take you up on it if i can wait that long..

My mechanic is booked up but im still relectant to do it as my days of freezing my bits off outside are over... unless its a crisis of course...

Thanks for the adice from everyone else.. i MAY have ago at it tommorow..

Going to fit my DS2500's tomorrow too :)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 12th December 2005, 01:49
Only 1 slight issue with the T5 cruise...

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1445

OOOPS!

Assasin
Tuesday 13th December 2005, 21:44
Got the pads done today (not by me ) went to shop and as i was walking back to car noticed black lines on the discs... cracking LOL..

Went to my mechanic and told him he was putting my life at risk.. new discs and pads and other bits and bobs.. job done..

WOW these pads are so much better than the metal shims i was using before.. :troutslap

Thanks for the offer though dave, you can drive my car on the cruise..!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 00:12
glad to hear she is sorted. Will have to do the how 2 on someone elses car.