PDA

View Full Version : Calling all YELLOW Volvos to Bibury - 1st April

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 8th February 2017, 00:39
Apologies for those not on Facebook, but in solidarity for a fellow car owner:

Link - Notorious yellow car vandalised in Bibury
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-38867290

All Yellow Volvo's would be given pride of place as there are a couple of Volvo enthusiasts in the organisation committee.

Facebook link only at the mo:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/279351345813190/

martin_r_smith
Wednesday 8th February 2017, 06:49
I am looking forward to this, having worked in Bibury everyday for the last 5 years I have got to know the owner quite well. It was quite a shock that someone in such a quiet little village would do this but I guess pettiness is rife wherever you are.

It would be really good of you all if you can participate. The owner would be very touched by the effort and no doubt very amused!

jamesy12345
Wednesday 8th February 2017, 06:52
I've got a green car he can have it while the Corsa is off the road, what a bunch of miserable £££££££s

stephenevans99
Wednesday 8th February 2017, 07:41
Matty Bee who is spearheading the campaign is a really decent lad, he loves his Panama S40 more than life itself....it think we can all agree how disgusting these continued acts of vandalism are.

I made my views yesterday regarding paying into one of three fundraising pages...unfortunately I'm no longer on that page lol

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 9th February 2017, 16:18
No fund raising page is associated with Matty Bee or any of the group trying to get official approval from the parish council to hold a mini event. There maybe, but this will be communicated in due course.

I've offered my support to the team and will report back into the forums as things develop.

I believe some local businesses have already confirmed their assistance with parking & cafe facilities, but there is more work to do.

Currently a variety of other ideas to enhance the event are being thrown around, but nothing concrete yet.

Just make sure you are ready to "GoYellow...!!!" on 1st April!!!

stephenevans99
Sunday 12th February 2017, 16:50
Just a quick bump....I've just read Matty has been to see the gentleman today, a nice pic of the pair on his Facebook page.

Matty and his team deserve all the praise and support they can get.

Really looking forward to seeing how they get on......I just wish I owned a wee coloured Volvo to join in ;) lol