PDA

View Full Version : 1999 V70 r awd none start issue

NECC
Sunday 22nd January 2017, 20:22
This issue can appear at anytime even if the weather is warm/cold, fuel tank full/low and even if the engine is still warm after the car has started normally and been on a short run through town.

I`m having a issues with my car occasionally not wanting to start when turning the key the car will turn over but not fire straight away its as if it wants to fire but just turns over, sometimes it will fire but splutter and die.

It sometimes takes several try`s before the car will fire but once fired the car will run fine until turned off again and depending on how it feels it will either fire up straight away again or have to go through the same none fire issues.

I`m asking if there is any common issues i can look at myself before i put it into a garage for them to look at, i`m a little mechanically thick but don`t want to put it into the garage and them to find its a loose wire or clip or something else minor.

LeeT5
Monday 23rd January 2017, 08:09
Codes??

Sounds like FPS or Crank shaft sensor but I'm leaning more towards CSS, based on the symptoms you describe. However, you need to pull the fault codes!

Blackdog
Monday 23rd January 2017, 09:23
Could also be the ignition ring antenna. This reads the code in the key and turns off the immobiliser.

Next time is happens try taking the key out, turn it over and try again.

LeeT5
Monday 23rd January 2017, 21:14
Could also be the ignition ring antenna. This reads the code in the key and turns off the immobiliser.

It normally displays 'immobiliser' in the DIM when that happens.

Ayrshore
Monday 23rd January 2017, 23:47
Except a 99 V70 doesn't have a DIM...

LeeT5
Tuesday 24th January 2017, 07:00
Except a 99 V70 doesn't have a DIM...

:B_thumb:

NECC
Tuesday 24th January 2017, 19:34
Codes??

Sounds like FPS or Crank shaft sensor but I'm leaning more towards CSS, based on the symptoms you describe. However, you need to pull the fault codes!

Codes getting read this week Lee, not sure what you mean by FPS I'm afraid as I'm not really mechanically minded lol

NECC
Tuesday 24th January 2017, 19:35

This was replaced with a new volvo part already around a year ago due to another issue lol