PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake adjustment V70

Tee5alive
Wednesday 4th January 2017, 15:25
Happy New year all!

Its the dreaded MOT time again, so did the pre checks on the V70 and the only thing i can find 'iffy' is the handbrake. I whipped the rear discs off to find NO ADJUSTERS like my 2001 C70?

Instead some sort of 'compensator' is fitted?

A) can i retro fit adjusters off the series 1 as i find these much more user friendly!
B) when i fit new shoes will they 'self adjust' from the adjuster on the handbrake lever?

Cheers peeps.

M-R-P
Wednesday 4th January 2017, 16:50
Adjusters are about a tenner from eurocarparts.
You can adjust from the lever but it tends to lead to rollback.

LeeT5
Thursday 12th January 2017, 20:56
You need to buy the adjuster from a P1 model. Then remove your P2 metal spacer and replace it with the adjuster.
Then you must adjust it in the normal fashion that you would with an earlier P1.

I was gonna do mine but I couldn't be arsed as the dealer replaced all my cables, rear shoes etc when they fitted the Brembo discs and fluid last year.

Handbrake works like new and I'm not bothered about the roll back. You get used to it.

Tee5alive
Thursday 19th January 2017, 01:37
She flew through the MOT without a problem and no advisories!

Still got eh annoying 'BRAKE ASSIST REQUIRES SERVICE' so still no cruise - anyone know how to knock out or clear that warning as on the VIDA theres not one fault?????

LeeT5
Thursday 19th January 2017, 09:00
If the message is displayed but no fault codes logged in VIDA, then the most likely culprit is a broken reluctor ring on one of the driveshafts.

Double check there are no fault codes first by plugging in DICE with the engine running and the message displayed on dash.
If you switch off the car and check, the codes might disappear as the BCM will do a 'self diagnosis' before the ABS pump will work, at around 20km/h.

If there are any codes - mainly BCM/CEM then it will be a faulty brake pressure switch.

When was the last time you had a software update on the car?