PDA

View Full Version : Stage 2 - Gustav Tune

kevinking2020
Friday 23rd December 2016, 19:16
Gustav has not long just finished tuning my R and WOW! He did a stage 2 tune on it with anti lag and flatshift.

Started tuning about 2pm today and finish about 6ish. We did have a break in-between.

Gustav is a top bloke, knows what he's talking about and has unleashed the R as it should be. She pulls so hard now, helds 20-22psi :D

Mods are only 3" straight pipe from turbo with silencer, Snabb FMIC and OEM K&N filter.

Now lets talk anti lag and flat££££, OMG Wow. I've never really experienced it before.

I've never launched the R before and I did the first time tonight and ££££ me, I ££££ myself. All wheels spinning, popping, banging etc and she just took off! The road was wet so did a little 4wd drift...

The flatshift i've only tried from 3rd to 4th above 5k and it felt weird but good!

Here's a little video of anti lag, I will be doing some more videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q23vSWP64oA

Harvey
Friday 23rd December 2016, 19:49
I think your clutch should see the year out without to much hassle, brave to try to launch and flat shift.
Have fun but it will cost you ;)

So what are your thoughts on the new snabb intercooler before the remap ?.

kevinking2020
Friday 23rd December 2016, 21:17
yeah i won't be doing another launch again. I actually didn't mean to launch it haha

Too be honest I only wanted the antilag but it came with flatshift.

Yeah the snabb intercooler is really good quality, came with everything you need. No trimming to bumper either.

It was hard tell before tune, it did seem to spool better/louder and pull a little better.

I was going to do a guide of installing the intercooler but ran out of storage on camera, so i didn't get all of install.

Here's a little video, installing the core.

https://youtu.be/zQ1aZ09o29Y

Never got a chancee to get some photos but i will do tomorrow.

Ric@rdo
Friday 23rd December 2016, 22:43
Gustav will also be tuning my car this winter. :)

jamesy12345
Saturday 24th December 2016, 08:30
Is this the chap known as Contrast?

//edit just noticed the title of the first video...'yes' then

Ric@rdo
Saturday 24th December 2016, 10:09
Yes :)

https://urbastuning.wordpress.com/about/

kevinking2020
Saturday 24th December 2016, 12:58
getting boost spike 25psi and sometimes over. When it does, it sounds epic and ££££ me she goes but my clutch can't handle the power and is slipping. I think i'm still on orginal clutch and now on 108,000 miles...

Spoken to Gustav and he saids it's normal to spike but the issue is my pierburg tcv and to go back to OEM as the grey one isn't meant to be good and it's just a forum myth!

Going to put oem back on and Gustav will make a few tweaks to tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYW1BumlHVM

Harvey
Saturday 24th December 2016, 13:50
I would be driving it like miss daisy until you get the spike fixed, has it had the block shimed ? , Just be careful. At that boost level.
What BHP do you think you have , a clutch is a expensive job on a R close to 8 hours + parts. not a good time of the year for one :frown:

Yosser
Saturday 24th December 2016, 15:49
I'd be wary about the accuracy of the gauge too. The maximum theoretical vacuum that can be attained is 29.92 in/hg and that gauge is regularly showing well over 30.

Log boost with vida for a better idea of what's going on.

Ric@rdo
Saturday 24th December 2016, 18:35
I've replaced recently my TCV - from the grey one to the OEM - and the throttle response/control is better with the OEM tcv ;)

LeeT5
Thursday 29th December 2016, 04:30
getting boost spike 25psi and sometimes over. When it does, it sounds epic and ££££ me she goes but my clutch can't handle the power and is slipping. I think i'm still on orginal clutch and now on 108,000 miles...

Spoken to Gustav and he saids it's normal to spike but the issue is my pierburg tcv and to go back to OEM as the grey one isn't meant to be good and it's just a forum myth!

Going to put oem back on and Gustav will make a few tweaks to tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYW1BumlHVM

That would be the Thanet way, Herne bay tunnel....
Shocked to see you driving like that with your kid in the car mate :cuckoo:

I'd be wary about the accuracy of the gauge too. The maximum theoretical vacuum that can be attained is 29.92 in/hg and that gauge is regularly showing well over 30.

Log boost with vida for a better idea of what's going on.

Totally agree. Can't expect accuracy from a £14 gauge.

I would be driving it like miss daisy until you get the spike fixed, has it had the block shimed ? , Just be careful. At that boost level.
What BHP do you think you have , a clutch is a expensive job on a R close to 8 hours + parts. not a good time of the year for one :frown:

£1300 inc DMF and CSC. (Genuine parts)

jamesy12345
Thursday 29th December 2016, 07:00
Are boost spikes normal? My R recently was under boosting, & after sorting a boost leak I was then getting spikes...Shem(tek) fixed it by adjusting the map

kevinking2020
Thursday 29th December 2016, 11:19
That tunnel was near ramsgate towards sandwich.

I was driving within speed limit (national)... Kids do like it when I put me foot down!

Yeah I do agree doesn't help I've got a cheap gauge. I'm pretty sure Gustav would have said if it was spiking as when doing logs he was checking boost pressure.

We'll see when going back to oem tcv (black) if it's any better.

If I was going to replace clutch I would get
AP Racing uprated clutch and Kalmar Union Lightened single mass flywheel kit for Volvo M66 gearbox. £879 or spec stage 2+ with single flywheel.

Plus oem slave cylinder.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Redbrick
Friday 30th December 2016, 21:33
The KU AP clutch is very nice, feels like stock.

LeeT5
Saturday 31st December 2016, 03:36
The KU AP clutch is very nice, feels like stock.

I second that. I have a good friend with a P2R, same as mine and he has a AP clutch + single mass flywheel and it's actually lighter than my stock clutch. That's what I'll be getting too, when my clutch gives out.