PDA

View Full Version : !*%*ing MICE

Tee5alive
Thursday 8th December 2016, 20:04
Just went down to the storage yard to get the winter car prepped for duty. I look inside and SOMETHING has been eating its way through my frickin car!, HOW ON EARTH can a mouse get into a car???? surely no holes large enough? Its camped out in my spare wheel and decided to lunch on god knows what behind the dash, i hope to god nothing important has been chewed.

It LOOKS like nothing more than soundproofing and foam hopefully?

So whats the best way to deter the little blighters and or the best trap? I have NEVER had this before in a car of mine and when i checked a month ago it hadnt got it in??

Nealevo
Thursday 8th December 2016, 20:18
We have trucks parked on the infield at work and mice did 5k worth of damage to 1 truck, wiring loom etc

jamesy12345
Thursday 8th December 2016, 20:39
Unlucky, sounds like they need a cat down there

Tee5alive
Thursday 8th December 2016, 20:55
We have trucks parked on the infield at work and mice did 5k worth of damage to 1 truck, wiring loom etc

OMG! We had that on an aircraft once and had to rewire the length of the aircraft as youre not allowed to join cables! They had eaten a small section of cable but cost us thousands and loads of man hours

Tee5alive
Thursday 8th December 2016, 20:55
Unlucky, sounds like they need a cat down there

Yes im off to animal rescue to buy a MEAN ratter!,

Gold 'N' Brown
Friday 9th December 2016, 10:49
I thought I had a mouse or small bird somewhere under my V70 yesterday. Started it up and there was a constant weird screech. Turned engine off and it was still there, coming from near the handbrake area. Then I realised, the empty water bottle I'd just put down in the cup holder was relieving pressure from the lid :slap:

Tee5alive
Sunday 11th December 2016, 12:50
I thought I had a mouse or small bird somewhere under my V70 yesterday. Started it up and there was a constant weird screech. Turned engine off and it was still there, coming from near the handbrake area. Then I realised, the empty water bottle I'd just put down in the cup holder was relieving pressure from the lid :slap:

Lol like me with a serious rattle a while back, turned out to be one of my old lemonade cans forgotten under a seat banging about !

Tee5alive
Wednesday 21st December 2016, 07:25
Ahh well..... now discovered that the aforementioned RAT or whatever it is has eaten through my Rti cable. Discovered this whilst waiting for Mrs Turbo to buy presents 'without me there'... ( hmmm what am i getting?) Fiddling with the head unit as the TV mode used to work and i could get SOME sort of images......

Now when selecting MODE the TV option no longer comes up telling me the nice creature has disconnected it from the head unit!

I think its well overdue to fit an iMIV unit

And buy a nice BIG TRAP!

neal
Sunday 26th February 2017, 11:39
not good my 15 plate triump explorer motorbike was almoste a total loss the rodents munched on the wiring loom abs ecu engin ecu and imobilser ecu still being fixed by the insurance company.
the bike was in the garage no way the volvo is going in there.
ive tried plug in the wall noise plugs so poison and running around with a shovel now lol