PDA

View Full Version : new dashboard bulbs

oblark
Sunday 20th November 2005, 20:37
Hi, Have replaced the standard bulbs with 4 red LED units which i think makes the instruments look more sporty !! :B_steerin

M44K TS
Sunday 20th November 2005, 21:03
looks nice, very Leon Cupra R

I fancy going the VW blue route but i don't fancy changing the rest of the dash bulbs (climate control, swtiches etc.)

c70 t5
Wednesday 30th November 2005, 03:21
Hi,

I have been wanting to change the bulbs on my volvo c70 for ages!!!!

But i was told it couldnt be done, but you'v proved that it can be done!!

Can you PLEASE tell me what i need to do in order to get the blue look like the vw!!!!

I have a c70 t5 v reg (yr 2000), where do i get the bulbs from, which ones are they and how the hell do i change them!!

Sorry for so many questions but i'm excited now that i know it can be done!!!!!

Thanks

deerworrier
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 00:30
where did you get the bulbs and was it a tricky job? fancied white for mine but the red looks good.

Assasin
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 00:57
Yeah i wouldnt mind knowing either, some of mine are blown and im not sure what type they are...

Will look nice in blue until my halo clocks arrive.. :)

Vikingxl
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 01:12
Hi,

I have been wanting to change the bulbs on my volvo c70 for ages!!!!

But i was told it couldnt be done, but you'v proved that it can be done!!

Can you PLEASE tell me what i need to do in order to get the blue look like the vw!!!!

I have a c70 t5 v reg (yr 2000), where do i get the bulbs from, which ones are they and how the hell do i change them!!

Sorry for so many questions but i'm excited now that i know it can be done!!!!!

Thanks
Me to i want blue ones in my v70

oblark
Sunday 4th December 2005, 20:31
Hi,

I had to take the top half of the dashboard off to get at the instrument panel. After that changing the bulbs to LED`s was easy. I went for red LED`s because the needles are red.

The LED`s came from my local boy racer shop - motorworld,
and are a £10 for two

John Ret.
Sunday 4th December 2005, 20:40
The left-hand side of my heater controls didn't light up.... until yeterday when I punched the cd player because it was skipping.

Hey presto.... violence is the answer.

kdst5
Sunday 4th December 2005, 20:49
looks great but how long to take the top dash out and how many swear words later does it take

oblark
Sunday 4th December 2005, 21:33
It took me about 30 minutes to get the top part of the dash off and a few swear words at the Haynes manual :wallbash:

kdst5
Sunday 4th December 2005, 22:17
Looks like another job on the list then you wouldn`t have the bulb size would you ?

M44K TS
Wednesday 7th December 2005, 23:35
so to get the clocks out, do you have to take the dash apart like in the pics or was that because you were doing something else to the dash at the same time?

shiney
Wednesday 28th December 2005, 22:38
I just thought that I'd post up the following useful info:

You might wish to look at www.ultraleds.com for the lamps, they have loads of various options available on there.

As for the switches, these are real easy to change to blue as all you need to do is remove the lamp that's inside the switch and replace it with an LED and an in-line resistor to drop the voltage down to a suitable level. The previous bulbs are 12volt rated and the LEDs usually operate at around 3volts.

If you wish to repair broken illuminated switches for the same again, you can get replacement 12volt bulbs from Maplin.

I hope this helps?

Vikingxl
Wednesday 28th December 2005, 22:41
Very useful thanks mate i will be looking into it as soon as i get the car back