PDA

View Full Version : do I need a re-map?

stricky1967
Tuesday 22nd November 2016, 18:32
Apologies but this is going to sound really vague, but I had a RICA tune ages ago from volvotuningUK in Bromsgrove, maybe around 2006/7 can't find the paperwork was so long ago, been in touch with RICA but they dont have it on the database but I had the gearbox torque limits removed and a ITG filter fitted. Think it was a stage 2?

Anyways up, now need a new downpipe as mine is blowing so was thinking about a ferrati 3" job, and will be fitting a cat back too, would I need to shell out on a new remap? or does it adjust itself?

ta - Jon

jamesy12345
Tuesday 22nd November 2016, 18:52
Personally I would get it mapped again, as a larger diameter downpipe downpipe reduces backpressure

M-R-P
Tuesday 22nd November 2016, 20:35
Presuming were talking about a p2, it should be fine.
Mine has adjusted itself every time I've changed something.
Although the Rica map isn't overly "modern" so may not.

A precautionary remap might be an idea if you can spare the funds.

don kalmar union
Tuesday 22nd November 2016, 21:14
I can offer you a bang up to date MTE Swedish written stage 2 set of calibrations for £355 on my end of year offer.... and of course a full Ferrita system from stock, that is DP with 100 cel cat and cat back.......

you certainly will not get a similar output from an old stage 1 rica map....

Don.

PS my current stock prices will be going up on Ferrita product by at least 20% with my next order from them....

something to do with turkey's voting for christmas....

Don.

stricky1967
Tuesday 22nd November 2016, 21:59
I can offer you a bang up to date MTE Swedish written stage 2 set of calibrations for £355 on my end of year offer.... and of course a full Ferrita system from stock, that is DP with 100 cel cat and cat back.......

you certainly will not get a similar output from an old stage 1 rica map....

Don.

PS my current stock prices will be going up on Ferrita product by at least 20% with my next order from them....

something to do with turkey's voting for christmas....

Don.

I'll email you

st etienne
Thursday 24th November 2016, 19:51
If you are going for a higher flowing down pipe it will need mapping as I believe the rear lambda sensor picks up the additional flow.
I have an MTE map on my daily which I'm happy with, power is linear and the boost comes on fairly early (circa 2,000 rpm).
The TME system is very good too, when I was doing my research the TME system seemed to get more positive comments than that of the ferrita.
Also TME are very friendly and helpful if you contact them.
I'm actually toying whether or not to put a full TME on the daily. It is a lot of expense just for a decent exhaust note though as it has a custom stainless system already.

M-R-P
Friday 25th November 2016, 12:06
Fit a fooler boss to the rear lambda - no problems.

Did that to mine. :)

stricky1967
Friday 25th November 2016, 13:02
I've just bitten the bullet and ordered a ferrita downpipe and MTE tune from Don at Kalmar-Union. I've already got a s/h ferrita cat back waiting to go on.............

.........and hours after ordering what happens? my angle gear blows up !

anyone got one spare?

st etienne
Friday 25th November 2016, 13:20
Is it definitely the gear and not the collar ?

stricky1967
Friday 25th November 2016, 13:37
Is it definitely the gear and not the collar ?

Don't know to be honest haven't had it off the car yet, only happened yesterday

LeeT5
Saturday 26th November 2016, 07:35
Don't know to be honest haven't had it off the car yet, only happened yesterday

I have a good friend in Gravesend that has just yesterday semi finished breaking an S60R manual.
I'll ping him a text and see what he wants for it!

It's advisable to fit a brand new collar to any second hand Angle gear as these are generally what fails.

stricky1967
Saturday 26th November 2016, 07:56
I have a good friend in Gravesend that has just yesterday semi finished breaking an S60R manual.

It's advisable to fit a brand new collar to any second hand Angle gear as these are generally what fails.

thanks Lee, may have one sorted closer to home I'm just waiting for the chap to get back to me.

stricky1967
Saturday 26th November 2016, 12:11

thanks Lee but this looks like a good one, it was rebuilt a few years ago , has the receipts and no detectable play in it.

I'm collecting it tomorrow

Anyone have any recommendation for new sleeves , just the volvo OEM or is there an updated or hardened one available for my car?

its a geartronic 5 speed btw

htomi
Tuesday 29th November 2016, 08:53
There are no updated/hardened one for the 5spd GT. Go with the factory sleeve.

htomi
Tuesday 29th November 2016, 08:57
Btw do you know what exactly happened with the AG?

Ettienne
Tuesday 29th November 2016, 15:31
I've just bitten the bullet and ordered a ferrita downpipe and MTE tune from Don at Kalmar-Union. I've already got a s/h ferrita cat back waiting to go on.............

.........and hours after ordering what happens? my angle gear blows up !

anyone got one spare?

I should have one with a brand new collar on it (very recently fitted in perfect condition) form the one I'm breaking shortly.

stricky1967
Tuesday 29th November 2016, 15:42
Btw do you know what exactly happened with the AG?

Not yet, hasn't been off, but think its just the sleeve, managed to get another angle gear locally so I'll swap them out, fit a new collar sleeve and maybe get the original rebuilt at some point for a spare.

stricky1967
Tuesday 29th November 2016, 15:42
I should have one with a brand new collar on it (very recently fitted in perfect condition) form the one I'm breaking shortly.

many thanks but I managed to get a rebuilt one locally

htomi
Tuesday 29th November 2016, 15:57
Ettienne,

PM sent regards the AG.