PDA

View Full Version : No speedo no Rev counter and no trip computer!!

Coral gt t5
Thursday 10th November 2016, 12:38
Hi all 70 series enthusiasts this is my first post but could be a long one ! My early 98 model c70 t5 gt had the usual abs issue which this model is renowned for had that repaired at bba rema and abs/ tracs light now off but I've still no speedo no Rev counter and a blank trip computer screen and my mileage has gone from 76000 to 3045 !! Tried another speedo binicale and that was same but trip computer display came on but gave no information except for clock and temperature display!! Am at my wits end were else to try/do to find problem I'm running car without the dash top off which doesn't look pretty cus I thought it was just my speedo clocks had failed any help or anyone in my area Rotherham South Yorkshire would be very much appreciated cus I'm at my wits end !!! Ps anyone who can solve this will make sure there a drink in it !

Coral gt t5
Thursday 17th November 2016, 21:48
Anybody out there am still waitin for any helpful answers surely my car can't be the only one to have had this problem ?!!!! My hair is goin greyer by the day !!!����

jamesy12345
Friday 18th November 2016, 12:40
Maybe some ideas in this recent thread
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?62568-Help

Rogerb
Tuesday 22nd November 2016, 22:18
On the replacement dash , the trip computer will only work if it was on fitted to the original car. As not all cars had them.
You need to check that all the power and earth feeds to the dash are all working.
Also note on the fuel gauge weather it says 15 or full .
They both need to be the same. One is a can bus dash the other normal. Also try to get one off the same type of engine if you can.
Regards Roger.