PDA

View Full Version : S70 struggling to pull away , misfire etc

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 8th November 2016, 15:41
Got a 97 S70 2.5 20v Auto ...went on hol and came back after a week and rear tyre soft ..so got the compressor on and as it was ticking over it started misfiring...switched off tidied up and then went to have a look ..started fine ..went fine all OK and has been for last week or so but ......

Yesterday came out , started it and went to pull away and at low revs its struggling ... to the point its going to cut out ..if i tried to floor it it is popping and banging in piston chambers / manifold ..butr if i gradually build up revs tho it will go fine ....the lambda light has also just come on ( obviously the misfire is causing this amongst other things )

hope its not major as i really like this old thing !

Any one expreience this before

FB

Shinsplintz 101
Tuesday 8th November 2016, 17:08
Check for water/dampness in the spark plug chambers or around any of the ignition components. Had similar symptoms on a T5 after it had stood for a bit & the plugs were damp causing misfires. Once dried out it cleared. Changed out the whole ignition system shortly afterwards - plugs, leads, dizzy, rotor & coil. Never had a repeat.

Lambda will probably being caused by over fueling due to a poor spark.

HTH, cheers, Morgan

The Flying Banana
Thursday 10th November 2016, 08:43
cheers Morgan , done all that , still the same, turned out to be the MAF .... didn't check that as the previous owner had said he had put one on not long before I got it....one of those things it was faulty.........changed now and running sweet again :)