PDA

View Full Version : Error code 1-1-3 …………………… HO2S Integrator At Maximum

Craigyt
Tuesday 25th October 2016, 08:42
Anyone any idea as to what this could be?

jamesy12345
Tuesday 25th October 2016, 08:46
Some ideas from this thread
http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/45154-codes-1-1-3-and-2-2-1/

Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) information 1-1-3

Condition

Short-term fuel trim indicates the amount by which basic programmed injection time must be varied to achieve optimum fuel/air mixture. If the control module finds the engine is running lean, short-term fuel trim increases to extend the injection time and restore the mixture to its ideal ratio. If the engine runs so lean that the short-term fuel trim reaches its maximum (upper limit) and stays there for 3 minutes, the system records diagnostic trouble code (DTC) 1-1-3.

Under certain conditions the ignition coil can generate a pulse which interferes with the operation of the engine control module (ECM) which causes diagnostic trouble code(s) (DTC) 113 and/or 112 to be stored and activates the engine malfunction indicator lamp (MIL).

Substitute value

The integrator is set to its central value and adaptation is disabled. When the engine starts, the short-term fuel trim resumes control of the injection time until the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) condition is met once more.

Possible source

- Contact resistance in heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) connections.

- defective heated oxygen sensor (HO2S).

All that said though, if it is running lean that may not be the fault of the oxygen sensor - could be air leak for example

Craigyt
Tuesday 25th October 2016, 10:34
Like exhaust manifold leak? Its had a new lambda sensor in it a couple of weeks ago

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 25th October 2016, 11:23
No.

Inlet manifold/boost hose/vacuum line leak.

Craigyt
Tuesday 25th October 2016, 13:52
I thought that would make it run rich if there was a boost leak?

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 25th October 2016, 17:10
I thought that would make it run rich if there was a boost leak?

yes at wot, but not at part throttle when vacuum occurs and a leak will then suck in more air that the maf is measuring, thus the engine is then lean and ecu is trying to compensate for this, could help explain your other issues in your other thread.

Craigyt
Tuesday 25th October 2016, 19:36
Yeah i get ya!!

I think iv found my problem now anyway, taking advice from doingitsideways i began spraying round the inlet manifold. Low and behold its sucking in electrical spray around cylinder no.2, it has a shudder everytime i spray!!

Wheres best place to get a new gasket, or can i get a ptfe gasket?

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 25th October 2016, 20:08
Yeah i get ya!!

I think iv found my problem now anyway, taking advice from doingitsideways i began spraying round the inlet manifold. Low and behold its sucking in electrical spray around cylinder no.2, it has a shudder everytime i spray!!

Wheres best place to get a new gasket, or can i get a ptfe gasket?

Yay, I was right about something! :lol:

Don't stop there though, keep going around EVERY joint, along the length of all vac/boost hoses, intercooler if you can get to it.
You may find a few more tiny leaks that won't be helping.

As for the gasket... Volvo. Every time!
Try FRF Swansea, ask for Simon, mention forum discount and you'll get 10% discount.
Postage prices are reasonable too.

Craigyt
Tuesday 25th October 2016, 20:18
Sound job cheers dude!

Yeah iv replaced nearly all the other vac hoses with silicone and all perished hoses! But good shout on the intercooler though, il go round that aswel

Craigyt
Tuesday 25th October 2016, 20:19
Oh yeah, vid!

https://youtu.be/RJ4nvcanGj4