PDA

View Full Version : Supersport lowering springs?

Craigyt
Monday 17th October 2016, 20:14
As title, has anybody used supersport springs to lower their 850 or more specificly their 850 t-5r or 850r?

Just after a bit of feedback and a couple of pics to see if it will be worth the money.

Cheers
Craig

Shinsplintz 101
Monday 17th October 2016, 22:41
Bc coilovers (£700) or KWs (£1150+)are the way forward. That will get you 4 corners of adjustable ride height & damper control. Don't waste money on anything else.

Cheers, Morgan

Craigyt
Tuesday 18th October 2016, 06:40
I dont want to spend that much, iv already got a track car and a silly turbocharged 106 rallye with coilovers etc on. I want this car to be comfortable in comparison, just with extra lows!

martin_r_smith
Tuesday 18th October 2016, 09:02
I use eibach pro springs and I'm very happy with them

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 18th October 2016, 10:54
Eibachs and Bilsteins seem the best choice if you don't want to go for coilovers.

Guess it depends how deep your pockets are and your intended use for the car.
Coilovers are a bit harsh for most as a daily, but it's a personal thing.

Craigyt
Tuesday 18th October 2016, 13:27
Yeah thats just it. My pockets are deep enough but i like the ride as it is so just wanted some springs for a bit more lows!

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 18th October 2016, 14:07
I'd go with Eibachs then.

Worth noting though that if your dampers are a little past their best, they'll probably bottom out on any lowering springs. Cheaper springs are usually the worst offenders for this.

Shinsplintz 101
Tuesday 18th October 2016, 16:06
:slap:So once you've finished getting springs, shocks, top mounts , bump stops etc... the BCs at £150 a corner will start to feel very reasonably priced. Plus it might even go around a corner without bouncing you into a field :)

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 18th October 2016, 18:48
:slap:So once you've finished getting springs, shocks, top mounts , bump stops etc... the BCs at £150 a corner will start to feel very reasonably priced. Plus it might even go around a corner without bouncing you into a field :)

Suppose, when you put it like that :lol:

Craigyt
Tuesday 18th October 2016, 20:04
Iv been there and done all that, i dont want the harsh ride coilovers or bilstein b8 dampers provide!

I just want lowering springs. It doesnt get driven hard, or as hard as my 106 or track car so dont need rock hard suspension!

I appreciate the advice about coilivers and the price breakdown but i was just after some feedback on supersport springs or pics of cars just on springs

Shinsplintz 101
Wednesday 19th October 2016, 21:02
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s563/Morgan_Bevan/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2584_zps84kif99u.jpg (http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/Morgan_Bevan/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2584_zps84kif99u.jpg.html)

There's an 850 lowered by 65mm. Plenty of other lowered p1s in the gallery section.

Googled supersport springs & the general consensus on the bummer & bag forums is that their cheap & cheerful, but don't expect amazing ride quality. You'll have to do your own review for us if you do get them.

Cheers, Morgan

Craigyt
Wednesday 19th October 2016, 21:16
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s563/Morgan_Bevan/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2584_zps84kif99u.jpg (http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/Morgan_Bevan/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2584_zps84kif99u.jpg.html)

There's an 850 lowered by 65mm. Plenty of other lowered p1s in the gallery section.

Googled supersport springs & the general consensus on the bummer & bag forums is that their cheap & cheerful, but don't expect amazing ride quality. You'll have to do your own review for us if you do get them.

Cheers, Morgan

I nearly bought that one!!

But yeah il decide which springs then go from there, to be honest the front lioks like its already lowered but the rear looks 2inch higher!!

Shinsplintz 101
Wednesday 19th October 2016, 21:20
You'd of done well - I haven't sold it yet!!!

I can't quite let it go....but will probably rip off the plaster before xmas. Need more space on the drive & it's not getting used.

Craigyt
Thursday 20th October 2016, 07:58
I say nearly bought it, i wanted to buy it!!!

Whats that lowered on? Gaz coilovers?

Shinsplintz 101
Thursday 20th October 2016, 12:40
Not anymore. It's was on Gaz golds but is now back on standard R fronts and nivomats on the rear. So its now approx 35mm higher, but the ride is a little smoother & there's no rubbing in the arches. Handling in fast corners in noticeably poorer than when it was on the coilovers & it wheelspins more - leads resistance on the front to stop it rising up. Life is compromise. Wanted it standard.

Craigyt
Sunday 23rd October 2016, 18:38
Had a look under the car today, and the dampers that are on are Boge automatics. Are these essentially nivomats or just normal shocks?