PDA

View Full Version : Turbo oil inlet feed pipe 99 C70

Spawned66
Sunday 2nd October 2016, 15:52
Hi all,

I need to change my turbo oil inlet feed pipe. I bought a new one, with banjo bolts and copper seals, thought it would be an easy change. Not! I have the front raised up on jack stands and it looks like I might need to remove the intermediate shaft? Anyone changed this pipe before or have an easier way "without taking the engine out lol".
2 reasons I'm changing it, replacing turbo and kinda bent the old one, not bad, but enough for my OCD to kick in lol.

Thanks,

Brian

Spawned66
Tuesday 4th October 2016, 17:54
So everyone that has changed a turbo on here has never changed the oil inlet pipe? Cmon, just looking for some tips.
Thanks

claymore
Tuesday 4th October 2016, 20:54
never had a problem with any of the ones I've done, but I've always had custom braided ones made.

Spawned66
Tuesday 4th October 2016, 21:15
never had a problem with any of the ones I've done, but I've always had custom braided ones made.

Thanks for replying. What I was really asking is what's the best way to get at the banjo bolt on the block? I already have a new Volvo pipe, just couldn't get my hand in from underneath to reach up to feel the bolt.

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 4th October 2016, 22:27
Just normal sockets or spanners to undo, not need anything special to remove or would have made a special tool, didn't need to remove anything else as far as I remember. ....ring spanner springs to mind to remove block end banjo and socket turbo end....both are different sizes as I remember

woz
Sunday 30th September 2018, 22:03
Just normal sockets or spanners to undo, not need anything special to remove or would have made a special tool, didn't need to remove anything else as far as I remember. ....ring spanner springs to mind to remove block end banjo and socket turbo end....both are different sizes as I remember
Any good suggestions guys as to best place to get feed and return pipes? Cant see them on the after market, but dont want to pay Volvo prices for a liitle bit of pipe. If i do so be it. Sprry for the thread hijack, and mine is an old 850 too! Cheers woz

woz
Sunday 30th September 2018, 22:04

Hi claymore, if you can remember, where did you go get the braided oil pipes made up? Cheers woz

Spawned66
Sunday 30th September 2018, 22:49
Any good suggestions guys as to best place to get feed and return pipes? Cant see them on the after market, but dont want to pay Volvo prices for a liitle bit of pipe. If i do so be it. Sprry for the thread hijack, and mine is an old 850 too! Cheers woz

My god, I forgot I wrote this post. Think I even cried a bit that day, I worked on jets easier than this job lol.
I just bought a new 1 from FRF Volvo, with the discount, don’t remember being too expensive, I was more shocked at the price of each turbo bolt to the manifold cost.
If your going the route of getting a braided pipe made, just make sure the ID is correct size, it does flow a lot of oil through it.

Good luck and have fun.
Brian

woz
Monday 1st October 2018, 20:36
My god, I forgot I wrote this post. ...Good luck and have fun.
Brian
Thanks bud.
W:>)