PDA

View Full Version : s60 2.0t 2001 reduced performance limp home problem.

jackellie
Friday 16th September 2016, 09:22
Hello I'm new to this site so if I'm in the wrong place please redirect me.

I joined the forum having read the posts on the above mentioned problem and understand what the problem is and why it happens to the model I've just purchased.
The car is a 2001 plate 2.0t s60,it has a fsh and has covered only 69k! The car has wanted for nothing as both the interior and exterior testifies to.Honestly for a 15 year old car it drives as a new car does.

I bought the car and drove it roughly a 100 miles home.The only thing showing in the dash message box being service needed asap or something to that effect.
2 days later after driving 10 miles and leaving the car for 30 minutes whilst shopping we returned to the car.
After about a mile in 2nd gear I put my foot down to join the motorway on the slip road,then the car kind of died a slow death.

Fortunately having read up about the model I have I knew what to do.I stopped turned the engine off waited a minute then restarted it and hey presto OK again.
Having returned home I self fault coded it with no codes found at all,as stated in the previous post I had read.
This is my concern though as I've read also.If my wife or even myself suffer this whilst doing 70 MPH with a 40 tonner behind then I dread to think of what could happen.

Basically then what an I do ? to remedy it. I know Volvo had a recall for this problem but that's out of date.

The car before I bought it had sat for 3 months idle,yet I don't think this affects the problem raised.
I read up about cleaning or replacing the Maf sensor but is that a waste of time if the main issue or Volvo factory fault isn't sorted first.

Any advice would be much appreciated,I can live with it for now but it would be better and safer sorted Thanks..