PDA

View Full Version : DPF issue, new sensor? Maintenance or replacement or parts?

Judd3rman
Wednesday 7th September 2016, 17:32
Hey guys, need some advice please? A while ago I encountered my 2006 S40 D Se 2.0 having a limp mode problem. Fault code reader shows P2452, P2453 and P2455.

The car has just under 180K on it, and owning it less than a year I have no idea if the DPF has ever been replaced.
Previous owner says he had the Eolys fluid done before I bought it. Now, I have read the sensors can sometimes go wrong on these and this is the cheapest place to start as I dont have access to DICE software that Volvo use.

Is it best to test the sensor if possible? If it IS the sensor, does anyone know of a stockist of the part 3M5A5L200-AB that doesnt cost millions of pounds?
GSF car parts do the DPF itself but again this isnt cheap either, so I am open to suggestions?

Cheers,

Scotty

Tim Williams
Wednesday 7th September 2016, 21:33
Before buying parts you could do with a decent code read and data logging looking at Soot level and temps ect. The DPF pressure sensor is very common for failing on those cars.

Judd3rman
Friday 9th September 2016, 12:11
So the cheapest fix would be the sensor to begin with, any way to test that specifically or does anyone know of one going relatively inexpensively anywhere?

I dont know of any breakers or anything :/

cheers,

siamblue
Sunday 25th December 2016, 01:36
Did you ever get the problem sorted out ?

Ettienne
Sunday 25th December 2016, 10:21
Mine was removed along with the cat and egr mapped out (along with a remap)