PDA

View Full Version : And the second fault - heating problems

Pauld
Friday 26th August 2016, 18:16
Well when I bought it the air conditioning was fantastic and very cold, with the climate control working correctly.

Today I noticed that the car was getting a touch warm, so turned doe the temperature. All that did was increase the speed of the fan. there is no air coming out of any of the vents.

I have tried manual, defrost etc and nothing. It is clear that the air conditioning etc is working but the vents are not working as intended.

Any ideas!!

Help!!!!!!

thanks

htomi
Saturday 27th August 2016, 07:24
Perhaps this will help:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?60662-Intermittent-Vents-Blower-problem-(no-air-comes-out)-in-2003-V70

LeeT5
Saturday 27th August 2016, 08:43
Perhaps this will help:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?60662-Intermittent-Vents-Blower-problem-(no-air-comes-out)-in-2003-V70

Spot on find there Htomi :B_thumb:

Save others reading the thread, you need to replace the 'Evaporator Temp Sensor'.

Pauld
Saturday 27th August 2016, 10:49
thanks

So my logic assumed that if the condenser was freezing up and this was stopping the air con working there would be 2 signs to confirm this.

1. A puddle underneath the car. correct I noticed this last night.

2. the air conditioning would be working this morning. And it is.

it also explains why the air conditioning is so cold.

The part is ordered and I suspect the fitting will be fun. for the price of the car I am determined to do as much of the firing as possible.

Checked the mpg yesterday 41.71. happy with that as it included 4 hours at 85-90 yesterday and lots of town driving

htomi
Saturday 27th August 2016, 14:18
Good Luck with repair!
Combined, 41.71 mpg is very good. I wish I would have the same ;)

Pauld
Saturday 27th August 2016, 15:11
Good Luck with repair!
Combined, 41.71 mpg is very good. I wish I would have the same ;)

yes my V70R struggled to get over 20mpg!

I now have a 545 touring that is worse than the R. And not as much fun.. I had a busy day a few weeks back in the 545. Ended up filling up twice in the same day, from the same garage with the same attendant working a single 8 hour shift!

htomi
Saturday 27th August 2016, 16:03
The best I could get out from the R was 31.38 MPG, but was driving like a grandma. :D

Pauld
Wednesday 7th September 2016, 16:11
And that is all fixed for £22.99, inc solder.

Thank all