PDA

View Full Version : First fault found- rear passenger door will not lock or unlock with central locking

Pauld
Saturday 20th August 2016, 10:56
Morning

So a few days into ownership of the S60 I have discovered its first fault.

The rear passenger door lock does not work. I have managed to lock it y pushing the know down but will not unlock.

Before I start taking off the door panel to have a look, any pointers etc

thanks

LeeT5
Monday 22nd August 2016, 13:53
Morning

So a few days into ownership of the S60 I have discovered its first fault.

The rear passenger door lock does not work. I have managed to lock it y pushing the know down but will not unlock.

Before I start taking off the door panel to have a look, any pointers etc

thanks

Sometimes the door lock button gets stuck on the door card. try a drop of WD40 on the button and see if that helps.
One of my rear doors sometimes sticks. If i push the dark card slightly, it moves freely and the door unlocks ok.

Bones
Monday 22nd August 2016, 18:53
Mine randomly started doing this yesterday, but my window didn't work either and I was getting a passenger door open message constantly.

Turned out a plug to the door module had come out.....

LeeT5
Monday 22nd August 2016, 20:51
Sometimes the door lock button gets stuck on the door card. try a drop of WD40 on the button and see if that helps.
One of my rear doors sometimes sticks. If i push the dark card slightly, it moves freely and the door unlocks ok.

Mine randomly started doing this yesterday, but my window didn't work either and I was getting a passenger door open message constantly.

Turned out a plug to the door module had come out.....

There you go Pauld. try my suggestion first, as you wont need to remove door card. Then try Bones's suggestion.
If neither of these work then you more than likely have a fault with the DDM (Drivers Door Module).

Pauld
Friday 26th August 2016, 18:13
i then it is getting stuck, as I noticed today that it did actually lock with the central locking, it just took a few minutes to actually work!

thanks