PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished alloys

hillmangt
Friday 12th August 2016, 18:26
I refurbished my alloys last weekend in satin black.
Thought you might like to see finished job. Car is filthy by the way, not been washed since returning from Scotland.
Andy 30995

Biff
Friday 12th August 2016, 19:42
I'm fond of the v70 p3. Quite fancy a t5 someday.
We have a nice one knocking about & the dark alloys really set yours off. I'd be tempted to drop it a tad now.
What spec is yours?

Sag74
Friday 12th August 2016, 23:11
Looks well with the black rims,as said above drop it abit to finish the look.

Orca2
Saturday 13th August 2016, 11:30
I dropped my v70 T5 p2 by 40mm it doesn't look massively different but it does feel a lot better on corners . Less body roll . Mind you on the old set up it felt like it was about to scrape the door handles off on a tight bend.
The Lesjofors springs are cheap as chips too,

hillmangt
Sunday 14th August 2016, 19:31
My cars Spec is 2008 D5 SE Auto with Polestar.
Just reached 50K miles.
I would love to lower it with Eibach springs as I did to my merc with brilliant results but I have to be practical.
I use it everyday for business and it is often heavily loaded (looks better then) and insurance is ridiculously expensive here and modifications just make it worse as I've found with my merc. The area is littered with all types of speed bumps which make driving my merc tiresome so for the moment I will be leaving it as is, though I completely agree it would look better and drive better lowered.

Biff
Sunday 14th August 2016, 19:45
My cars Spec is 2008 D5 SE Auto with Polestar.
Just reached 50K miles.
I would love to lower it with Eibach springs as I did to my merc with brilliant results but I have to be practical.
I use it everyday for business and it is often heavily loaded (looks better then) and insurance is ridiculously expensive here and modifications just make it worse as I've found with my merc. The area is littered with all types of speed bumps which make driving my merc tiresome so for the moment I will be leaving it as is, though I completely agree it would look better and drive better lowered.

That's a shame but for a daily you have to be sensible. I'm half tempted to lower my golf but I don't really want to spend as I want another toy. Lol
Nice spec, what's the stated performance figures with the polestar?

hillmangt
Sunday 14th August 2016, 20:35
The car as standard was 185 and now I think its around 215. Was fitted before I had car so I have no specs as such. The mid range torque and the acceleration from standstill is amazing for such a heavy car though the engine is loud when doing so. Front tyres don't last very long either!