PDA

View Full Version : VERY indecisive

hanaj
Wednesday 10th August 2016, 22:43
Hey guys

I here find myself in a dilemma and its driving me mad. I have fallen in love with the Volve S40 D2 Lux Sat Nav at my local Volvo dealer. It is fully kitted out interior with all the gadgets, has 46000 miles on the clock and its 5 years old.

I am so tempted to buy it but at the back of my mind I keep asking myself.... if it breaks down how expensive is it to repair? expensive? how expensive? On a par with skoda or mercedes or VW or other cars out there on the market.

Does anyone have any experience with this?? Your input here will help me decided what to do!!!

Thanks all

LeeT5
Thursday 11th August 2016, 02:19
Hey guys

I here find myself in a dilemma and its driving me mad. I have fallen in love with the Volve S40 D2 Lux Sat Nav at my local Volvo dealer. It is fully kitted out interior with all the gadgets, has 46000 miles on the clock and its 5 years old.

I am so tempted to buy it but at the back of my mind I keep asking myself.... if it breaks down how expensive is it to repair? expensive? how expensive? On a par with skoda or mercedes or VW or other cars out there on the market.

Does anyone have any experience with this?? Your input here will help me decided what to do!!!

Thanks all

Firstly...Get yourself over to here and introduce yourself...http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?16-Introduce-Yourself

Secondly...:welcome:

Thirdly, and more importantly, your question. Seriously, what sort of question is that? Certainly one that nobody can answer fella! Obviously, it depends on what's broken.

Do your own research and make your own decision. If I say buy it and it breaks down, I won't be held accountable. I'm sure it looks lovely but it might be a lemon :worried:

Seriously Hanaj, you can't expect any of us to answer that. What I will say is, why are you thinking of getting a D2? They are gutless mate, as are the D3. So, why not a D4 or even the D5 :remybussi? Now there's a dilemma! :confused:....or are you not bothered about the performance?
Are you buying it for it's looks or the equipment level?

Have you looked around or is this the first S40 you've seen and it caught your eye?

T5Tom
Thursday 11th August 2016, 05:50
Firstly...Get yourself over to here and introduce yourself...http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?16-Introduce-Yourself

Secondly...:welcome:

Thirdly, and more importantly, your question. Seriously, what sort of question is that? Certainly one that nobody can answer fella! Obviously, it depends on what's broken.

Do your own research and make your own decision. If I say buy it and it breaks down, I won't be held accountable. I'm sure it looks lovely but it might be a lemon :worried:

Seriously Hanaj, you can't expect any of us to answer that. What I will say is, why are you thinking of getting a D2? They are gutless mate, as are the D3. So, why not a D4 or even the D5 :remybussi? Now there's a dilemma! :confused:....or are you not bothered about the performance?
Are you buying it for it's looks or the equipment level?

Have you looked around or is this the first S40 you've seen and it caught your eye?

You have such a way with words haha!

But totally agree, alternatively try to find a nice 360 glt :rotfl:

jamesy12345
Thursday 11th August 2016, 07:41
360 will be cheaper to fix & need work more often relative to the S40. While the S40 will be more expensive to fix for the serious stuff but will go wrong less often. Doesn't answer the question at all like!

Hello!

LeeT5
Thursday 11th August 2016, 10:21
You have such a way with words haha!

But totally agree, alternatively try to find a nice 360 glt :rotfl:

I know, I know...I went round the houses a bit to get to the point, but I thought If I just said...'Anything from 10p to £5500'...that would just be patronising and unhelpful! So I thought I'd be less patronising and more of an arse instead :lol:

stribo
Thursday 11th August 2016, 10:46
I know, I know...I went round the houses a bit to get to the point, but I thought If I just said...'Anything from 10p to £5500'...that would just be patronising and unhelpful! So I thought I'd be less patronising and more of an arse instead :lol:

Mission accomplished. :hilarious

LeeT5
Thursday 11th August 2016, 10:50
Mission accomplished. :hilarious

:wink:

hanaj
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 09:50
Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for being so "HELPFUL"
You nearly put me off buyimg a volvo.
I never seen such unhelpful forum like this one.
Or maybe there is just few and far between stuck up people which is a shame for the rest of the members that are I hope more kind.
I never owned volvo. Always had a skoda and was looking for some input/advice or experience. Thats all.

Thanks Hana

LeeT5
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 11:32
Well at least I bothered to reply!

Shinsplintz 101
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 11:37
:thewave:In the nicest possible way.....what did you expect.??..a bunch of Volvo petrol heads to get excited about a chronically under powered Derv??

I like your optimism but it was never really going to happen - sorry you're dissapointed.

It's probably worthwhile going over to VOC where you're more likely to garner a sympathetic ear to you dilemma. Very sensible the old VOC.

Good luck & feel free to come back when you have a hankering for a car that will make 0-60 before the next ice age kicks in.

All the best, Morgan

LeeT5
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 12:52
:thewave:in the nicest possible way.....what did you expect.??..a bunch of volvo petrol heads to get excited about a chronically under powered derv??

I like your optimism but it was never really going to happen - sorry you're dissapointed.

It's probably worthwhile going over to voc where you're more likely to garner a sympathetic ear to you dilemma. Very sensible the old voc.

Good luck & feel free to come back when you have a hankering for a car that will make 0-60 before the next ice age kicks in.

All the best, morgan

lmfao!!!

LeeT5
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 12:53
....and I thought I was harsh!

Shinsplintz 101
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 14:13
:yikes:The truth is a plaster best ripped of quickly in my opinion......less chance of confusion....apologies to Op if it seems harsh, just trying to save us all a bit of time :)

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 14:37
Thank you very much for being so "HELPFUL"

A good sense of humour goes a long way around here, Fella.

Can I interest Sir in a nice, mecanically simple 460? (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191945798250) :lol:

Blackdog
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 14:42
Best I get my coat and take my two Volvo oil burners over VOC.....:smile:

martin_r_smith
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 15:00
I'll join you......:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Biff
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 18:56
I would go to voc but I would get bullied for driving a golf.

Blackdog
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 19:01
I would go to voc but I would get bullied for driving a golf.

You'd be OK if its a diesel.

stribo
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 19:35
Well, that went well. :lol:

Orca2
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 20:12
Ah you are all baddies , the wee soul hasn't come back again he will probably be sitting in his wee Skoda right now sticking pins in dolls , ooh backache.
He will fit in nicely at VOC .

Lmfao. Baddies

Shinsplintz 101
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 20:15
To be fair, I don't have issue with the dreaded derv.....just can't get excited about one ......so no offense intended to the other environment wrecking, smog producing residents who already populate the forum (:)) .just wanted the OP to rebalance her (Hanna?) expectations against the realities of a performance orientated forum when your dribbling over a D2.

Can you get a RON box for one of them....?!

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 21:33
Lmfao. Baddies

Tbf, most of us admit we're

I know I do.

Orca2
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 22:18
Tbf, most of us admit we're

I know I do.

That's only because denial in your case would be futile , it's nothing to be proud of . Lol.

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 22:40
That's only because denial in your case would be futile , it's nothing to be proud of . Lol.

I respectfully disagree, Sir.

It takes a concerted effort to piss this many poeple off every day :D

Orca2
Tuesday 16th August 2016, 23:31
We all have to play to our strengths . No one can say you don't put in the effort. Bravo!

Gold 'N' Brown
Wednesday 17th August 2016, 11:50
Guys

Sorry to go all Buzz Killington on the party, but can I just chip in with a thought here?

Just because this is a performance oriented forum, I think it's a real shame that the place has become a bit 1 dimensional because of that.

Personally, I now use the site for general tech help as I've never been able to indulge the tuning side on my T5 that I'd originally planned (change of circumstances etc) and to be frank, quite often I'm wasting my breath (key strokes) asking on here. So maybe I should go and join VOC or something, but I've never been compelled to go to the Dark Side. Credit where it's due, LeeT5 is in my eyes the most helpful contributor to the forum these days for general tech stuff. I think a lot of members who are happier posting general banter have the knowledge to be more helpful but for some reason they just aren't compelled to do so any more.

The OP's question was a bit stupid, in a "how long is a piece of string" way, and I don't see anything wrong with the answers that were given. But being snobbish and taking the piss is going to put off new people joining or contributing, which is cutting off your nose to spite your face. This forum is quiet enough already and has declined since I joined and it'll continue to go that way if people are made unwelcome.

That's my 2penneth. As you were....

Shinsplintz 101
Wednesday 17th August 2016, 14:02
I'm going to have to disagree fella....this is a performance orientated forum, the clue is in the name....you yourself run a performance Volvo - just because you haven't modified it doesn't change the fact that a T5 is a performance orientated car.

The D2 or it's ilk are never in a million years going to be able to pull the skin off a custard no matter how many shiny bits it has in the cabin.

That's not elitist or exclusionary, it's just a fact.

I only pointed the OP in the direction of VOC as they are NOT an performance orientated forum so the chances of him/her getting the answers to the "how long is a piece of string" questions are more likely as there's a much better chance of finding a D2 owner over there than here who would be able to help.

In all honesty, if this forum (like many others not FB based) is struggling for numbers then I'd rather it went the way of the dodo than be expected to answer inane questions about the running costs of cars that I, and I suspect many others, couldn't give two hoots about.

Cheers, Morgan

Gold 'N' Brown
Wednesday 17th August 2016, 14:22
Morgan, I do take your point. I wasn't so much referring to the specifics of this topic and the question asked - in fairness it was such a vague question I'm not sure any answer on any forum would have been sufficient. Just a general observation about forum ettiquette.

Biff
Wednesday 17th August 2016, 22:37
You'd be OK if its a diesel.

It is an oil burner.
I'll go sit in the corner then.