PDA

View Full Version : Drivers window wont come up

Pliskin
Saturday 30th July 2016, 13:41
Hi all,
I have got a 2000 V70 2.4 petrol and for some months I have been having problems with the drivers door window, in so far as it would only come half way down and then stop.

Unfortunately today it came all the way down and now refuses to come back up again. All the other windows are working fine, so I am thinking the motor has thrown its hand in.

Anyone any ideas and if it is the motor, has anyone got one for sale.

Regards to all.

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 30th July 2016, 18:02
Drivers switch pack maybe worth taking apart and cleaning (as it could just be the drivers window switch that has dirty contacts). I did it on my V70 before the contacts got too dirty, not too hard a job but a bit fiddly. Take a picture of the wiring connectors before you remove them as I think I had to do a bit of detective work when plugging them back in.

http://matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28950

Pliskin
Saturday 30th July 2016, 19:29
Drivers switch pack maybe worth taking apart and cleaning (as it could just be the drivers window switch that has dirty contacts). I did it on my V70 before the contacts got too dirty, not too hard a job but a bit fiddly. Take a picture of the wiring connectors before you remove them as I think I had to do a bit of detective work when plugging them back in.

http://matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28950

Thanks for that I will give it a go.

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 30th July 2016, 20:38
Thanks for that I will give it a go.
Its worth a try before buying a new motor.

I'm going to temp fate and say that the motors tend to be quite reliable and other components pack up before they do.

MistralS60
Sunday 14th August 2016, 10:13
Have you seen this, posted by 960kg in another thread ?
(Edited slightly for clarity.)

Pliskin
Friday 9th September 2016, 20:10
Thanks for all your replies had a rummage around with the switch pack and a squirt of contact cleaner appears to have sorted it out, although the garage guys that were sorting out the radiator seems to think it will only be a temporary fix.

Whilst I was there I had the codes read after the engine management light came on saying "ECM-2110 Front heated oxygen sensor (HO2S), preheating-Signal too high.

I have been quoted £200 for an original part and £170 for a Denso equivalent. I am only looking at running this car until the insurance runs out next March is that a possibility or will it go bang before that if I don't get it replaced?

Dangerous Dave
Friday 9th September 2016, 22:22
Thanks for all your replies had a rummage around with the switch pack and a squirt of contact cleaner appears to have sorted it out, although the garage guys that were sorting out the radiator seems to think it will only be a temporary fix.

Whilst I was there I had the codes read after the engine management light came on saying "ECM-2110 Front heated oxygen sensor (HO2S), preheating-Signal too high.

I have been quoted £200 for an original part and £170 for a Denso equivalent. I am only looking at running this car until the insurance runs out next March is that a possibility or will it go bang before that if I don't get it replaced?
From what you have described, if you take the switch pack apart and clean the contacts with some emery paper it will be fine.

As for the lambda sensor, you can get cheaper universal sensors from carparts4less (bosch ones included) and just swap the connector over.
http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/lambda-sensor

I fitted a HAAS one to my daily 850 and it has been fine for the last 8 months.

Pliskin
Saturday 10th September 2016, 01:02
Thanks mate.