PDA

View Full Version : Induction kit/cone filter help pls for Volvo S60 2012 1.6T

Goldmember
Tuesday 28th June 2016, 19:18
Hi people,

Having had a Mk1 V70 and about to buy a Mk2 V70 I don't post here but hoping someone can help me.
A good friend of mine has a 2012 S60 T3 1.6T. He maintains it vigorously but would like more induction noise to appease the boy-racer inside him! :D

He is looking for a cone filter / induction kit to fit this car , without causing any engine lights or problems, but has given up as it would appear it is a very oddball car and no-one does anything for it! We have tried referencing Ford products but don't know if any would work.
Now .. He is so desperate for help that he has placed a bounty on this and will gladly pay £20 on top of any purchasing price to anyone who can supply LEGIT info that would definitely work or even the product!

He is looking to spend around £100, no more tho
I have scoured the Internet and have had no luck either

If anyone has any genuine information or knowledge to share I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Steve

LeeT5
Thursday 14th July 2016, 22:19
The fact that the engine in your mates car is basically a Ford 1.6-litre turbo Ecoboost, although Volvo have made minor alterations to the T3 induction system due to insufficient under bonnet clearance for pedestrian impact in an accident.
You need to be looking in the Ford world, not Volvo!

You could also use a pair of vernier calipers and work out the internal diameter of the MAF neck. Then email K+N with the size and they will be able to supply you with a cone filter that will suit, including clamps and any adapters needed.

Failing that, remove the top part of the air box and dremel a hole out of it....Voila!! VVVVVRRRRRMMMMM........Tshhhhh!!!
He'll also need to remove the under bonnet mat, this will definitely accentuate the induction noise :D