PDA

View Full Version : Power System Service Urgent warning - need advice

mjayUK
Saturday 25th June 2016, 19:20
Hi,

I've just purchased a second hand (2005) V50 2.0 diesel. After about 2 days of use I started to get the Power System warning message appear - normally after 5 minutes of driving (I've noticed when climate control and radio are on). I should add that the red battery light also appears too.

I visited Halford's who checked the battery and alternator. Both appeared to be OK, yet I was getting this warning. I did notice that the battery fitted wasn't the correct one for the car, so replaced this with a Yuasa HSB110 (12v 85ah, 800a startup power) hoping that it would cure the problem. Unfortunately, it hasn't and the warning lights are still coming on.

Given that I now have a new battery which meets the recommended specification and the tests from Halfords seem to show that the battery and alternator are OK what could explain the problem? I've seen other posts on similar problems and most seemed to have been solved by replacing the alternator - but as mentioned earlier - the tests (I've had two separate tests carried out by different people) indicated that there were no problem.

Thanks