PDA

View Full Version : S60 2.0T '04 rain sensor doesn't and auto windows don't !

MistralS60
Friday 24th June 2016, 11:16
Can anyone tell me please if the rain sensor and auto (one-touch) windows can be disabled, and, more importantly for me, if they can be re-enabled ? Tried the reset procedure (held switches up for 10 sec etc) with no result.

My NS mirror persists in looking skyward despite the correct position being stored in seat memory. Any thoughts on that ?

And can I fit a boost gauge :D ?

Super car ; only needs these bits sorting.

Many TIA

keith

htomi
Friday 24th June 2016, 19:18
You can fit a boost gauge if you wish so ;)
Reinsensor cannot be disbaled completelly without extra parts. You can buy the CANbus function extender from Volvotech.eu and depends on your model it may be possible to use in intermittent mode.

Auto roll down cannot be disabled. If you don't press the button fully, then it will not engage the auto function.

LiamT4
Friday 24th June 2016, 19:52
I am misunderstanding something? The rains sensor only activates the wipers if it is turned on. If you don't press the button, the wipers won't activate.

Are you saying that the rain sensor isn't actually working?

LeeT5
Saturday 25th June 2016, 11:04
I am misunderstanding something? The rains sensor only activates the wipers if it is turned on. If you don't press the button, the wipers won't activate.

Are you saying that the rain sensor isn't actually working?

There's is no button mate. It's on when you move the stalk down one click. Rain sensing switches off when the car is turned off. After starting the car, to enable rain sensing you need to return the stalk to the 'off' position, then pull it back down 1 click.

LeeT5
Saturday 25th June 2016, 11:06
Can anyone tell me please if the rain sensor and auto (one-touch) windows can be disabled, and, more importantly for me, if they can be re-enabled ? Tried the reset procedure (held switches up for 10 sec etc) with no result.

My NS mirror persists in looking skyward despite the correct position being stored in seat memory. Any thoughts on that ?

And can I fit a boost gauge :D ?

Super car ; only needs these bits sorting.

Many TIA

keith

Absolutely, yes!!

Harvey
Saturday 25th June 2016, 11:31
But where to fit it ?
Photos of placements would be good.

MistralS60
Sunday 26th June 2016, 05:41
Thanks all for replying. I must admit my OP was unclear. BTW I bought the car 2 weeks ago.

I know how to use the rain sensor and one-touch windows, but they don't work. A friend suggested they were disabled by a Volvo dealer because a former owner didn't like them, and I wondered if this was possible.

Having now been able to do some diagnosis it looks like faults in the control units. I'll have a go at clearing them, but fear I'll have to replace them.

The boost gauge and 16" wheels will have to wait (17" wheels are too harsh for roads around here :( ).

LiamT4
Wednesday 29th June 2016, 20:57
There's is no button mate. It's on when you move the stalk down one click. Rain sensing switches off when the car is turned off. After starting the car, to enable rain sensing you need to return the stalk to the 'off' position, then pull it back down 1 click.

I was saying that you need to press the button to have wipers activated by the rain, otherwise you just use the normal stalk positions.

I wasn't sure on the question, that's why i asked for clarification.

LeeT5
Wednesday 29th June 2016, 22:41
I was saying that you need to press the button to have wipers activated by the rain, otherwise you just use the normal stalk positions.

I wasn't sure on the question, that's why i asked for clarification.

Press the button? What button?

Harvey
Wednesday 29th June 2016, 23:59
Press the button? What button?

Don't you have the button ? No 2 in link .then turn the ring No1 to adjust what the sensor picks up .

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.manualslib.com/manual/187868/Volvo-S60-S60r.html%3Fpage%3D54&ved=0ahUKEwjM9YTkqs7NAhVsKcAKHYQnCQYQFghfMBA&usg=AFQjCNFe_yNeZnM3mkji6S07u5fksqvt9A

LeeT5
Thursday 30th June 2016, 00:20
Nope. No button.

MistralS60
Thursday 30th June 2016, 07:47
No button on mine, either !

htomi
Thursday 30th June 2016, 08:14
None on mine either.

LeeT5
Thursday 30th June 2016, 10:05
I just pull the stalk down 1 click then adjust sensitivity using the ring.

MistralS60
Thursday 30th June 2016, 11:04
So would I, but the rain sensor doesn't sense anything. Haven't been able to correct in software, so presumably need a new upper control unit and mirror !

htomi
Thursday 30th June 2016, 15:04
Is your windscreen original? Sometimes when changed issues arise eapecially with aftermarket ones.

MistralS60
Thursday 30th June 2016, 17:44
Thanks, I think it is. I think the problem's in the upper control unit in the mirror, so will be working on that.

Harvey
Thursday 30th June 2016, 18:05
Thanks, I think it is. I think the problem's in the upper control unit in the mirror, so will be working on that.

Get a software reload / vida to see the codes.
are you getting alarm siren service message as that is known to cause problems with the upper unit.

LiamT4
Thursday 30th June 2016, 21:09
Yeah, mine has a button and so does the mrs s40. You don't move the stalk, you just leave it in the off position, press the button and then adjust the sensitivity.
With ours, moving the stalk just does the standard speeds.

I thought they were all like that pmsl :lol:

htomi
Thursday 30th June 2016, 21:24
Apologies to troll into this conversation, but I'm just wondering in general, if it would be possible to have the non button equipped stalk replaced with button ones? Assume its not that simple, as some electronic/programming voodoo would be required....

MistralS60
Friday 1st July 2016, 17:39
I'd suggest that's unnecessary, as my book of worms, sorry words, say to move the stalk to the intermittent position and the rain sensor will begin to sense (*if* there's any rain !!).

MistralS60
Monday 18th July 2016, 17:13
And here (http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?189829-Rain-Sensor-Fix&highlight=Rain+Sensor+Fix)'s the answer to the rain-sensing wipers folks !

As for the non-auto windows, they were made auto again by a new old driver's door control unit.

M-R-P
Monday 18th July 2016, 17:18
Nice to see a positive result, informative too :)

MistralS60
Tuesday 19th July 2016, 16:08
Harvey, no alarm message, but thanks for the thought.
Htomi, why bother ? It works well when the sensor's OK (which mine isn't :( ).
There's a useful thread about this on another forum, which I may not be able to mention by name here, so I'll call it 'neapvelocity' ;).
If the sensor doesn't look like a medium grey rounded-off square inside a darker grey one, one removes it and re-seals it with clear silicone sealant.

PS I see I posted a link to That Site in #22. Sorry.

MistralS60
Monday 25th July 2016, 10:47
Just asked the OP on neapvelocity for more detail on how he did the job. If he replies I'll say so here.

(neap (Scots) = swede, doesn't it ?)