PDA

View Full Version : Upsolute upgrade done

bedlam
Monday 5th December 2005, 22:53
Just a few lines to say how pleased I am with the upgrade. It did exactly what I expected with regards to torque increase. (I wasn't too bothered about BHP but suppose it's about right.)
Although I've not had it on a dyno, the gains are very obvious. From any speed over 60 mph the pick-up is very much sharper, with boost now up to 16psi.
The day after I got it done I drove for 130 miles, without coming out of 5th gear.
I now drop to 4th, (if I really have to) where I would previously have gone to 3rd.
On checking consumption over one fill, it appears to be just over 28 mpg.
On paying for it, I was pleasantly surprised - it was even less than quoted, as there were 3 cars being done at same time.
You've probably guessed by now - I'm well pleased.

fraz13
Monday 5th December 2005, 23:42
Good news Alan

Al look forward to feeling the difference nxt time yer down this way ;)

elliot
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 08:04
Nice one the upsolute is a good upgrade,mine ran a 14.1 quater with a few other mods like exhaust so i would imagine that the std upsolute chip will do a 14.3-14.4 at about 98-100mph slightly faster than the rica chip.

bedlam
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 19:34
Nice one the upsolute is a good upgrade,mine ran a 14.1 quater with a few other mods like exhaust so i would imagine that the std upsolute chip will do a 14.3-14.4 at about 98-100mph slightly faster than the rica chip.

Hi Elliot,
Good to see another upsolute out there. I suspect you must have got most of your power from exhaust change and other stuff.
I don't think the upsolute remap will be quicker than Rica - not according to published figures anyway. I chose this one for the torque, rather than BHP and before anyone writes to explain torque v hp, I do know the difference, the formula and the implications.