PDA

View Full Version : cd changer input on SC-901

c70mel
Monday 5th December 2005, 22:44
Hey all,

Just took my SC-901 headunit out to have peek round the back and there isn't a cd changer input! :icon_soap

All I can see is a 'dolby' input and thats all thats free. I have the 'CD-6' button on the front so I was thinking there has to be a cd changer input plug on the rear. Heard its like a 6-8 pin round DIN plug? Am I missing something here or have they just put a 'CD-6' button on the front for the fun of it?

Thanks for any help.

Engineer
Monday 5th December 2005, 22:50
Hey all,

Just took my SC-901 headunit out to have peek round the back and there isn't a cd changer input! :icon_soap

All I can see is a 'dolby' input and thats all thats free. I have the 'CD-6' button on the front so I was thinking there has to be a cd changer input plug on the rear. Heard its like a 6-8 pin round DIN plug? Am I missing something here or have they just put a 'CD-6' button on the front for the fun of it?

Thanks for any help.There is...............a small din honest.......................have a closer look.

c70mel
Monday 5th December 2005, 23:05
I really hope there is! I persume its the din socket which is labelled 'dolby' then? I was thinking this was for another amp or something to do with the dolby setup which I haven't got (the centre speaker).

fraz13
Monday 5th December 2005, 23:39
You have Dolby a CD and an Amp Din

If its anything like my car the lead will be already run into the boot so thats why you dont have any free dins

Look in the near side (passenger) of the boot behind the boot lining and the cable should be stuck to a wiring harness beside the electric aerial

MartinK
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 15:11
My SC901 has an output labelled 'CD', and it has a cable plugged into it already. I'm assuming it's as Fraz said, and it is already routed to the back.

madness
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 15:38
most models 2001> have the prerouted wiring

before this, they dont

fraz13
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 15:53
Mine must have been an exception then.....

Aiken
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 16:27
That confused me for a moment when I fitted my changer, it already had a something plugged into the CD DIN, although I be damned if I knew where the other end was.

Goes outside to check beside the electrical aerial behind lining.

madness
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 17:22
yours must have had a changer fitted then removed fraz.

Engineer
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 18:18
Mine must have been an exception then.....No so fraz, it must be an R thing............................................

chancha
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 19:31
Funnily enough, I had a look at my R last week and came to the same conclusion as the original poster...where the hell is the connection. Mine is already plugged in but had a look in the back but couldnt find the other end.....where in an estate would this be? :slap:

c70mel
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 21:10
I have a 1999 C70 coupe and haven't had chance yet to check but I have a feeling the cable is already connected. Well I hope it is as there isn't any other free din sockets apart from the 'dolby' socket.