PDA

View Full Version : S60 Heater Problems

Andy
Monday 5th December 2005, 19:10
Hi all,

Last night when trying to demist my windscreen, putting the dial on up (or the windscreen sqwiggle sign) and making sure my air con was on i noticed that on full blast nothing was coming out of the vents on the dash directing towards the windscreen :(

I checked every positing on the dial with air con on and off and recirc on and off and the whole system seems to be intermittant :(

I can hear the electronic module in the dash turning as if its re directing the air but nothing seems to happen.

Can anyone shed any light please?

Many Thanks

Andy

Kent Canary
Monday 5th December 2005, 19:24
Thermostat?

Andy
Monday 5th December 2005, 19:27
Thermostat?

Nah its not the thermostat, the car heats up as normal, sits at the correct place on the dial and produces heat from the vents at the right temp.

I just cant direct the air anywhere else other that out into my face, i.e. to the floor or to the windscreen.

Thanks though :)

Kent Canary
Monday 5th December 2005, 19:31
Sorry for my stupid answer I just re read your post properly!

Andy
Monday 5th December 2005, 19:32
Sorry for my stupid answer I just re read your post properly!

Its ok, no problem. I should type properly and use english as it should be used hehe.... but im tired and on night shift and im sure you'll know it plays with ya mind :P

Kent Canary
Monday 5th December 2005, 20:07
Yep.. know the feeling..! Hope it gets sorted.

Andy
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 19:28
Looks like a trip to the dealers

S60D5
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 19:29
Looks like a trip to the dealers

Warranty?

Andy
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 19:33
Warranty?

Was out of manufacturers warranty in september but i've since took out a warranty with warranty direct.

There service is yet to be tested however, we'll soon find out!

S60D5
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 19:34
Was out of manufacturers warranty in september but i've since took out a warranty with warranty direct.

There service is yet to be tested however, we'll soon find out!

I'm going to be doing same soon with Warranty Direct!

How much do you pay? PM if needed.

Andy
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 19:42
I'm going to be doing same soon with Warranty Direct!

How much do you pay? PM if needed.

£33 a month as I opted to take my car to a main dealer

Its £22 ish if you opt out of the dealer offer, however you have to take the car to the likes of kwikfit or national tyres who to be honest i don't trust one bit!

S60D5
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 19:44
£33 a month as I opted to take my car to a main dealer

Its £22 ish if you opt out of the dealer offer, however you have to take the car to the likes of kwikfit or national tyres who to be honest i don't trust one bit!

Yeah, my quote was coming back at £34 a month but it's a lesser cover (but covers the injectors!) as my milege is higher than yours and i'm not allowed (by about 4000 miles) to take out the Gold/Platinum cover!

Andy
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 19:45
Yeah, my quote was coming back at £34 a month but it's a lesser cover (but covers the injectors!) as my milege is higher than yours and i'm not allowed (by about 4000 miles) to take out the Gold/Platinum cover!

Aye thats a bummer when your limited to which option you can have by mileage!!!

I will let you know how I get on. Will have to send car in next week

S60D5
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 19:48
Aye thats a bummer when your limited to which option you can have by mileage!!!

I will let you know how I get on. Will have to send car in next week

Sure thang!

The Standard policy seems to cover most things apart from the aux systems such as Air Con etc. I've done some research as to what goes wrong on these cars and the standard policy seems to be more than enough.

Let me know how you get on!