PDA

View Full Version : windscreen washer

nskeates
Monday 5th December 2005, 18:07
i have got a 850 T5 P reg (the 3rd time i have come back to the T5 !!) i filled up the windscreen washer on sunday and the windscreen washer stopped working :frown: not sure if the bottom has got clogged up as i did let it run down ?? is there anyway of unblocking ? one other thing, my drivers side seat warmer is not working, is there anything i can check ? any help appreciated.
thanks
neil

scott t5
Monday 5th December 2005, 18:34
check the conections on the bottom of the drivers seat mine was broken there easy fix if it has...

splatt
Monday 5th December 2005, 18:34
The washers on theese is a pain...is the motor still working (just because it is it doesnt mean its drawing washer fluid!!) I had similar probs with an 850 and was forced to do a complete removal to fix.
The pump intake fits into a rubber hose inside the bottle which is a git to get onto the intake. Process of elimination am afraid.

As for the seat, first thing to check is the wiring connector underneath which often gets broken by hoovering etc.
I understand there was a recall on the heated seats too as it could sometimes make you look like a flame grilled burger :)

gazjacko
Monday 5th December 2005, 19:27
Check the non-return valve located where the feed for both jets splits under the bonnet as it sometimes fails and the fluid syphons back to the resevoir so it takes an age to get vater to the jets.
The recall for the seats is in force and requires a replacement loom to each seat (done free at your local dealer). Check the connection under the seat first instance.

MattB
Monday 5th December 2005, 19:46
check the conections on the bottom of the drivers seat mine was broken there easy fix if it has...

Mine did not fall into the recall category, but were broken as above.
These threads may help you...

> click me < (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6062&highlight=heated+seat)
> click me < (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=372&highlight=heated+seat)
Good Luck!

Martinr
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 09:39
Quick test is to remove the pipe from the filter canister located at the front N/S between headlight and ECUs.

This is a small plastic cylinder with a feed in from the washer bottle at the bottom and two outlets on the top, one to atmosphere and one to a tee piece. It is the pipe to the tee piece that you should remove.

Then operate the pump, water should flow. If it doesn't try removing the canister by carefully detaching the pipes and backflushing it under a tap with warm water. A lot of sediment builds up in here.

As previously stated might be the delivery valve which is the tee piece under the bonnet insulation where the pipe splits to the individual jets.

Whilst you are at it change the jets for V70 versions which have a much better spray pattern which you will really appreciate in this weather.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 09:57
I have a complete system - salvaged from the late Felicity (C70) and the improved washer jets should you want them.

I will happily fit it for you. I can also sort the filters and wot not.

nskeates
Tuesday 6th December 2005, 18:57
seems like the filter has been taken out, but i have fixed the washer anyway !! seems that a 3 way tee has been installed instead, i just disconnected and then connected back up and hey presto !! all working again. thanks for everybodys help. its nice to be back with a a decent forum.