PDA

View Full Version : Pendine sands and landspeed museum meet

Ettienne
Wednesday 8th June 2016, 19:22
Another volvosportuk exclusive, I have been offered rare access to take cars on to the famous Pendine sands (first 500yds) for a photo opportunity, if there are enough people interested.

I have actually been given permission to organise a high speed event at a later date using all 8 miles.

There is also the museum of land-speed in Pendine, again if enough people are interested I can see if a group discount is available.

It would be a slow convoy, so no silly driving as it's sort of a road (it is a very complicated situation and difficult to organise use of the sands)

£7 per car is the charge to use the sands and low tech filming, absolutely no drones!

p fandango
Wednesday 8th June 2016, 22:05
i'll certainly be interested. Been to see the museum before, but it was shut lol

with half the land being within the military firing range theirs no way i'll be taking a drone lol

Shinsplintz 101
Wednesday 8th June 2016, 22:41
How times have changed - any bugger used to be able to drive on that beach back in the day!! As it happens I took my first turn behind the wheel on that beach - aged 7, maybe 8 squashing jellyfish in my dads Austin princess!! No records that day but I think I may have wet myself laughing :rotfl::rotfl:

My grandparents had a caravan just behind the beach. Spent every summer there until my early teens.

Used to love sitting out the front of the pub eating scampi fries watching cars sink on the sand as the tide caught them out. Happy days.

Ettienne
Thursday 9th June 2016, 00:26
It's more than half mod, 500yds council and 7.5 miles mod.

the public have no access to the beach at all as the land is private, however it's just not enforced.

It's a weird situation with cars as it's sort of a road.

But I have been told the ramp is quite steep to the beach I'd have to get this checked out.

I'm quite looking forward to it, it's a really historic place.

Ettienne
Thursday 9th June 2016, 11:41
Museum is £2, children are free (closes for 45mins at lunch).

Access to the sand is good ferraris and Lamborghini has used it so should ok