PDA

View Full Version : Not a happy bunny this morning!!

LucieDom
Monday 5th December 2005, 11:41
Hi Everyone,

Ok so had our T5 serviced by Hapstead Volvo in Croydon a couple of days ago. piece of advice NEVER take your car there. Not only did they claim our petrol cover "fell of" into their hands whilst servicing???? They also broke our in car charger. Oh and it gets better, they charged us twice £356.00 on the day it was serviced and again the day after. they then sneaked the money back into our account, by which time me (7 mnths pregnant) and my 11 month old get shown up in Sainsburys when bank card declines. So YES I am NAFFED off!!!

Anyway volvo gave us a list and these are all the parts we need:

Washer fluid sensor
Wishbone bushes at front and both sides
Top engine mount
Throttle body
N/S/F drive shaft seal
Power steering fluid reservoir
Steering stops 225/45
osf headlight casing
oh and a new exhaust...
oh and front discs!!

so if anyone can help a poor pregnant lady, if you have any of these parts or know a man who can as they say, please contact me..

The reason im asking on here is because I know I will get shafted price wise as soon as I ring a company and they hear a womans voice!!!!

Lucy
mr.mrs_doyle@tiscali.co.uk

Goof
Monday 5th December 2005, 11:55
Seems like that dealer did a "proper job" on you, and then tried to frighten you with all those extra "essential" repairs. I think you've been unlucky!

Don't know where you are, but I'd get someone else to check over these extra requirements ~ maybe some kind chap here lives nearby and could take a peek?

Good source of re-cycled parts are available from Salvo in Nottingham (forum members get a discount), and we have a reputable Volvo dealer in N.W. Leics (Melton Mowbray) who also offer a generous discount to forum members (speak to Mrs Mopp), and down in Bromsgrove we have Volvo Tuning who offer servicing & repairs as well as tuning.

I'm sure folks here can put your mind at rest and get your Volvo sorted! :)

LucieDom
Monday 5th December 2005, 11:59
Thank you thats very kind.. im in Dorking, Surrey. I did ring Salvo and they are going to get back to me with prices, but i didnt know we could get a discount. i also spoke to partsforvolvoonline and he said that he would get prices but some of the parts he would have to get from main dealer.

i just dont know where to start with it all!!!

t5owner
Monday 5th December 2005, 12:16
Mmmmm nice,

Time to fire off a very snotty and stiff letter to volvo`s uk HQ

Possibly threaten legal action due to the fact the dealership charged you 4 times for 1 service and you incurred multiple charges from your bank for their mistakes

I`d deffo get it checked elsewhere as it sounds like the steelers tryin to pull a fast one here

Cheers

Stuart

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th December 2005, 12:18
Dont forget I have just broken an entire C70 as result of this ..
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=5941

- with most if not all the parts you list still available. Depends if you have an 850 or not coz some bits are slightly different - like the reservoirs - but many of the bits are interchangeable - e.g wishbones (best replaced in one go rather than the bushes)

Very suprised about your exhaust - better check why - betcha its because the hangers have rusted off the back - they are just trying one on. I have never heard of an exhaust holing on a T5.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th December 2005, 12:19
see here
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=6002

Mrsmopp
Monday 5th December 2005, 12:32
Lucie if you want to get parts from a dealership then I can higfhly recommend Marshalls - they will post out whatever you need and give you a 10% discount. Plus they wont shaft you for being a woman ;)

x

elliot
Monday 5th December 2005, 12:37
If you are based around Croyden i would give sw autos a ring on 01580 292910 they are in biddenden ,ask for Stuart tell him Elliot sent you and expalin the situation.He may have alot of the parts you need 2nd hand and can supply anything you will need and fit it.You could also try posting on http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk/forum/index.html

All the best Elliot

LucieDom
Monday 5th December 2005, 12:45
Dave its an s60 t5 2001?

Tried calling elliot, he is not in till tomorrow. MrsMopp whats the number for Marshalls?

God what would i do without you guys??

Can anyone recommend anyone local enough, just to have a look over the car to see if i really do need all these parts?

:-))))) Thank you all x x

STIB2003
Monday 5th December 2005, 12:48
Lucie
Not quite as near (back of Gatwick) are Charlwood Volvo
I use them and can recommend them, they will fix rather than replace where possible.
Unit 4 Charlwood Place,
Norwood Hill Road,
Charlwood,
Surrey RH6 0EB
01293 863535

I work in Croydon so if there is anything i can help you with (if you need a lift to pick-up, drop off etc) let me know (PM me for my details)

Sean

LucieDom
Monday 5th December 2005, 12:57
Cheers sean :-)))

Wish i knew enough to have a good look at the car myself. It would certainly save me a few pennies, especially as the service cost £360. I need more car friends ha ha

siamblue
Monday 5th December 2005, 13:01
Hi Lucie, Sorry to hear of the disgusting way some dealers tried to rip you off,
I spoke to Stu at SW Autos yesterday and he has a S60T5 in stock broken for spares, he will have most if not all of the parts, and he won't rip you off, that's for sure,

Gary.

LucieDom
Monday 5th December 2005, 13:04
You are my new best friend!! So urmm what do i have to do now?? ha ha ha

siamblue
Monday 5th December 2005, 13:12
Contact him tomorrow or leave a message today about, the problems you might have :)

Gary.

Andrew
Monday 5th December 2005, 13:51
Lucie if you want to get parts from a dealership then I can higfhly recommend Marshalls - they will post out whatever you need and give you a 10% discount. Plus they wont shaft you for being a woman ;)

x

Worth mentioning some "marshalls" are franchised so like everything else it depends on the local one to you. Cambridge for example sucks and tends to be very expensive.

t5owner
Monday 5th December 2005, 14:10
Dave its an s60 t5 2001

Not that old then !!!!

Washer fluid sensor
Wishbone bushes at front and both sides
Top engine mount
Throttle body
N/S/F drive shaft seal
Power steering fluid reservoir
Steering stops 225/45
osf headlight casing
oh and a new exhaust...
oh and front discs!!

And it want`s all that doing eff me

I`ve got a 97 S70 T5 and mine failed its mot on the abs ecu only (now fixed by wobbly dave) and i replaced the rear exhaust hanger with an aftermarket part as the 2 arms on the exhaust itself had rusted off

Whats the mileage on yours and is this all hard driving (stop start town stuff or long dist motorway ?)

Seems like a lot of stuff for a 2001 model S60 did you perchance buy the one made on friday afternoon ? :doh:

Only joking but deffo get it checked elsewhere first

Cheers

stuart

ceefaz
Monday 5th December 2005, 14:30
Worth mentioning some "marshalls" are franchised so like everything else it depends on the local one to you. Cambridge for example sucks and tends to be very expensive.

Totally agree with Andrew's comments having had first hand experience of the Cambridge "operation"

Mrsmopp
Monday 5th December 2005, 14:35
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3442 Lucie speak with Oliver he'll look after you ;)

As for the franchise issue I can wholeheartly recommend the Leicestershire Marshalls they have been superb plus we get a discount too ;)!

x

LucieDom
Monday 5th December 2005, 17:40
Its done 114000 miles, we only got it in march from ebay... hmmm

Salvo rung me back and gave me the following prices, but I again forgot to mention anything about discount:

wishbone bushes £50 for each side
throttle body £100 (although a friend said it should clean up?)
top engine mount £15.00
power stering resevoir £10.00
Exhaust £75.00
Drive shaft £75.00 (guy said it depends on what seal is damaged, as to whether we need new drive shaft?)
and he didnt have rest of stuff

Opinions please?? would it be better to buy new parts or second hand?

Mrsmopp
Monday 5th December 2005, 18:29
Salvo come highly recommended so you wont go far wrong using them. However if you want the parts to come with a guarantee (whether thats peices of mind) then I'd buy new

x

S60D5
Monday 5th December 2005, 18:36
Lucie
Not quite as near (back of Gatwick) are Charlwood Volvo
I use them and can recommend them, they will fix rather than replace where possible.
Unit 4 Charlwood Place,
Norwood Hill Road,
Charlwood,
Surrey RH6 0EB
01293 863535

I work in Croydon so if there is anything i can help you with (if you need a lift to pick-up, drop off etc) let me know (PM me for my details)

Sean

Charlwood are excellent, the only thing I've found with them is that you drop the car off with them at say, 8.30am and wander off into the village for a walk followed by lunch waiting for the promised phone call to say the car is ready... You wait all the way up til 4pm with no phonecall and wander back to Charlwood wondering why it's taken them so long, only to find they competed the work at midday but forgot to/didn't ring! This happens all the time and is my biggest annoyance.

Apart from that, they're (especially Peter) excellent.

Hapstead Brighton isn't too bad, but expensive!

Tiff_T5
Monday 5th December 2005, 20:05
I have never heard of an exhaust holing on a T5.

Eh?? Mine looks like a teabag! And its genuine Vovo too....