PDA

View Full Version : Turbo and intercooler pipe replacement advice.

Quetzalcoatl
Tuesday 24th May 2016, 17:32
Hi all

So had fault codes read on the 2005 D5 and it's come back with faulty maf and o2 sensor on manifold. Following the remap I had there did seem to be more woosh from the turbo so I'm guessing the hoses are split somewhere and this is upsetting the maf when I hoof it under full boost, hence the "engine system service required" message.

I'll replace the intercooler hoses as they feel a bit soft but I'd appreciate a bit of info on the turbo pipes as I might as well replace the lot:

Aside from the visible ribbed rubber pipe that runs from the maf onto the plastic pipe up to the turbo, is there another rubber hose after the turbo that connects in to the plastic pipe which goes under the block?

Anyone have a good source for quality hoses? Or should I just visit eurocarparts?

Cheers

LeeT5
Thursday 26th May 2016, 03:44
Hi all

So had fault codes read on the 2005 D5 and it's come back with faulty maf and o2 sensor on manifold. Following the remap I had there did seem to be more woosh from the turbo so I'm guessing the hoses are split somewhere and this is upsetting the maf when I hoof it under full boost, hence the "engine system service required" message.

I'll replace the intercooler hoses as they feel a bit soft but I'd appreciate a bit of info on the turbo pipes as I might as well replace the lot:

Aside from the visible ribbed rubber pipe that runs from the maf onto the plastic pipe up to the turbo, is there another rubber hose after the turbo that connects in to the plastic pipe which goes under the block?

Anyone have a good source for quality hoses? Or should I just visit eurocarparts?

Cheers

I didn't know they supplied quality car parts?:smirk:

... you'll never get hoses for Volvo's from ECPs. Dealer parts only.

MAF fault code + O2 sensor fault code = Air leak post MAF. Check ALL your vac hoses, MAF to Turbo hose (they crack at the turbo), PCV nipple connection at MAF to turbo hose.

Quetzalcoatl
Saturday 28th May 2016, 17:40
Just in case this is ever of interest to anyone, I checked all boost/vac hoses. They were all fine. The intercooler however was blown in a couple of places. Replaced it and the radiator at the same time because I accidentally put a hole in it. Car now runs flawlessly, no error messages.